Anyone Got an Older Version of TT?

sgiddens

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Anyone got a copy of the older TimeTrax to send me please? Any version before the "Recast" version?

Or if you know of the version before it was required to have a constant connection to their server to send me I would be very greatful.

While the cats away the mice will play!

Not to be a me too kind of person. But I to would greatly appeciate this. I was planning on purchasing the TT software, went to down load a trial, and what do you know. They are gone. What a shame.

If anyone can help me out obtaining a copy of the software for XM radio I would apperciate it.

You also need a license code and no one is going to give it to you on here. In fact each code is encrypted to the radio ID so even if someone gave you a code it would not work on your radio.

All I am trying to do is keep what I legally purchased.

I have the original Timetrax versions 2.5, 3.0 and 3.4 if one version makes any more of a difference in preference than another. I don't recall which versions had what quirks.

Last edited:
Thanks PB. I will PM you.

Anyone know if the new permenant reg codes work with the older versions?

I have two radios and purchased two license reg codes to run TT, one I recieved around the 2.5 version (non Recast) and one around 1.5 or 1.6 (Recast)

If not I guess I will find out.

This is cool in a way, it is kinda nice TTT is not censoring this stuff. They got my money (twice) so what's the diff to them if we use an older version. I see no crime in prefering an older version. What was their reasoning/motive for doing that? I had no problems with any of them.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Agreed let's keep this all legal.

Thanks guys.

I am all for sending my money to TimeTrax for their product. Oh wait I can no longer do that.

If they are out of business I now consider their products fair game.

pizzaguy said:
Can anyone pm me the latest version of Recast?

Thanks,

Dan

I don't think you can attach files to PMs but I'm thinking a 25MB file is just a little too large to send if files are allowed.

pretzelboy said:
I don't think you can attach files to PMs but I'm thinking a 25MB file is just a little too large to send if files are allowed.

The Sat Guys need a file area now ;-)

I have several XM TT related files that everyone could use.

I have 3.2...........but dont use it now. when i bought my new radio from them (my old one died), they sent me a new code, but I had to upgrade to recast.
Timetrax still owns the rights to the software...even if they are out of business. However I cant believe that NO ONE ELSE has been able to duplicate this... The adaptor cable is easy enough to make (the timetrax box was nothing more than a fancy serial-USB converter with the right pins for the XM direct). You can buy the USB-Serial converter for $15 from tigerdirect....
The software is another matter. There are several kinds of software that will make recordings, but timetrax was unique in that it would make individuals songs into mp3s with the names included. ConRec was one of them.... visit XMfan.com and poke around the XMPCR section. but DONT get on there and say "i use timetrax...can you help me?", because they dont like the mention of timetrax on that site at all.

I have the 2.5 version of TimeTrax. Does this version still work? I have not used it in well over a year. Just tried to go to the TimeTrax website two days ago. I don't want to re-activate my XM radio if my version of TimeTrax will not work.

Can anyone tell me if my version of TimeTrax will still work?

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)