Anyone had any luck on getting DirecTV to reimburse you for buying your own receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arneycl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Odon, IN
Sorry about the long topic but didn't really know what to call the subject.

DirecTV told me if I can find the 2 HR20's somewhere that they will work with me on the cost. Anyone have any luck getting reimbursed? How do they reimburse you? Any idea how much they will go?

Sorry about the long topic but didn't really know what to call the subject.

DirecTV told me if I can find the 2 HR20's somewhere that they will work with me on the cost. Anyone have any luck getting reimbursed? How do they reimburse you? Any idea how much they will go?
Why would they reimburse you? If you pay $299 as a lease upgrade fee you are not buying it. As of Jan.10th the lease upgrade fee dropped to $199 any thing over that is out of your pocket because you want it.

I called DirecTV on January 18th to upgrade. They gave me free installation and 2 HR20's for free, plus no new contract. They put the request in for 2 HR20's but said there was no guarantees. When the installer called he said the warehouse is out. The lady at DirecTV told me on the 18th that if the installer didn't have them that I could buy them on my own from Best Buy, Ebay or wherever I wanted and they would work with me on the cost.

Unless you got the no contract part in writing, you will be stuck with a two year contract. D* doesn't really have a process in place to waive the contract requirements, regardless of what the CSR's tell you on the phone.

I got them to comp me $200 on an HR20, plus free HD access for a year. (fee credited each month for a year/$120) Since I was able to get my hands on HR20's for SURE, (not to mention since I'm a mover) I simply called them up & told them I wanted to upgrade, but absolutely REFUSED to accept an HR21 when they told me they couldn't guarantee me an HR20. It worked on the 2nd time & while it took a couple weeks for the credits to show up, they did & I didn't have to deal with some D* flunky touching my system. :eek:

I called back in Nov. to see if I could get some sort of upgrade deal. They offered to send me a H20 to replace one of my HD receivers, I have 2, and credit me $99.00. I asked about a HR20 and they told me they would still credit only $99.00. Of course they wouldn't promise a 20 series machine so I asked about buying one and getting the credit when I activated. They said sure. By the next day when I called to activate I was told I couldn't get the credit. After raising a fuss I was given $10.00 credit a month for a year. I also had to buy my own dish at $99.00 and installed it myself so I figured I had saved them some money. Good luck, I don't know how you can hold them to their word.

I went out and bought my old HR10 for $399. D* credited me $250 right away, meaning I didn't have a bill for about 4.5 months, and then they gave me $10 off per month for 12 months. Pretty good deal I thought. It was agreed upon before I bought the HR10 though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts