Anyone had luck getting free upgrade to mpeg-4 equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaberocs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
hey everyone, i've had d* for over a year now, and have been wanting to upgrade to mpeg4 equipment (at9/slimline, and h20 or hr20). however, i dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it. so i was wondering if anyone had luck getting d* to upgrade their stuff for free, or with a good discount.

thanks in advance!

i talked with them for about 15 min or so and i talked them down from 124.95 to 19.95 and that was just for shipping and handling.

thanks for the quick reply...so you mean you just paid $19.95 for s&h for a new dish and receiver(s)?

yep. the csr was real nice and she said since we have a good history with them she waived the installation fee. It kind of shocked me too. We just have to pay the shipping and handling. They are suppose to install it in the morning.

hey everyone, i've had d* for over a year now, and have been wanting to upgrade to mpeg4 equipment (at9/slimline, and h20 or hr20). however, i dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it. so i was wondering if anyone had luck getting d* to upgrade their stuff for free, or with a good discount.

thanks in advance!

Yup, got TWO hr20's plus install free. Been with D* since 1998.

2 HR20s free? Damn, that's the best I've seen.

I paid $99 for the HR20. Hoping to get another in 6 months for free.

hey jesserulz, chris, and oldguy, how did you guys go about getting the free/discounted upgrades? was it simply "call and ask" or is there anything specific i should remember to say? thanks again!

call and demand. "I know you are giving the HR20 to current customers for $99 (or free). I want it also."

i dunno if this is significant. i have been back with d* since feb 1 and they did my install on the 8th. i paid full price for the upgrade to the hr20 because my account had been cancelled for 14 months....i figured, although, i had been a good customer prior to my cancellation....i hadn't paid a 40 dollar bill (i have significant medical problems here) until i decided to reactivate my account!

anyhow, i read about the great deals they were giving new subs, so i emailed and asked if maybe retention might throw me a bone. the lady called this afternoon (wednesday) and offered me 6 months worth of $20 programming credits. i asked if i could get a free upgrade to the h20 instead. she said sure and that included the shipping and handling, as well!!

Yep.

I got a free 5lnb Dish, (1) HR20, (2) H20s, a WB68 Multiswitch and moving the current HR10 to a new location all installed for $0 - plus $10 a month off my bill for next year.....and the surprise of surprise....was reading the off the requirement....said 2 year committment and then stopped and said, no it doesn't require a 2 year committment...stopped him and asked him to repeat that....as I recorded it.

Too bad I was doing it for a friend :(

The phone queue said I was an A list customer - but then again, everyone might be an A list customer for all I know.

i talked with them for about 15 min or so and i talked them down from 124.95 to 19.95 and that was just for shipping and handling.

Actually, they told me it was $99 for install and $29.95 S/H, which they charged me for on a Credit Card but immediately credited the D* account $129 in return so the net result was $0.

I asked why they had to do it this way - and they said that it was the only way they could - I guess they don't have free install and they fool the system this way.

On a negative side, the install was supposed to be 2/08 and they called that day out of Equipment - rescheduled for 2/22.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)