Anyone has a MPEG4 in the Tampa area

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi there,

I have it along with two of my neighbors. I did all three installs two weeks ago with absolutely no problems.:)
I also have my OTA hooked up to compare and to be totally honest, the sat picture and the OTA picture are very close to one another. Bugs you ask? Of course there are bugs. The Caller ID doesn't seem to show the name or number it just says you must contact your phone service to get the service. I was told that D* will be working on a software update to fix this. The guide seems to be very slow in accepting commands which causes me to pust the buttons too fast for it to keep up. The audio sync is off until it goes through the software upgrade which usually will occur 10 to 20 minutes after the reciever has been installed ( not sure if it has to be activated mine were so I don't know if it will update without activation). But other than those minor things (and they are minor) everything's great! You get the big stations (ABD, NBC, CBS, FOX) and I here more are comming.

Last edited:
DaMaine1 said:
Hi there,
I have it along with two of my neighbors. I did all three installs two weeks ago with absolutely no problems.:)

Just curious. Did you roof or pole mount the (AT9 5LNB) dish?

I roof mounted all dishes using two mono poles for stability. It weighs 34 lbs so I strongly suggest the poles (and so does the instructions). The mono poles do not come with the dish but can be found on e-bay for $5-10 plus shipping.

houselog442 said:
Has anyone here got the new Directv MPEG4 units for the Tampa area? How are the locals coming in? Any bugs?

Yes, but I am not using it for Tampa locals :)

Those are fine OTA for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.