Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2004
State of Confusion
My friend is going to throw a rose bowl party and he has E*. I have D* and have ABC HD he does not have access to ABC in HD. ABC-HD east is on the 119 sat. Is there any way that I can use his dish to access the channel? I can always set up another dish on a tripod but this would be a nice workaround

Well, if its a non-dishpro unit with a single lnb (ie, dual singles on Dish 500 instead of a quad unit), you could run a coax from the the lnb to your D* unit and it should work providing they don't move ABC-East off 119 between now and then.

If it was a quad non-dishpro it most likely would work as well - but I've never tried it.

If it's a dishpro lnb, forget it.

It's a dishpro. I was afraid there was no way around their setup. Oh well I can point a dish in about a minute so no problem there.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Well, if its a non-dishpro unit with a single lnb (ie, dual singles on Dish 500 instead of a quad unit), you could run a coax from the the lnb to your D* unit and it should work providing they don't move ABC-East off 119 between now and then.
If it was a quad non-dishpro it most likely would work as well - but I've never tried it.
If it's a dishpro lnb, forget it.

The receiver would not work if it does not recognize 101,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts