Anyone have a rear panel view of the HR20 & HR21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I would like to check out the rear panel of either or both of these receivers....also does it have a coax output?

Last edited:
COAX is a generic term; are you meaning:

Coaxial Digital Audio Out

or

COAX as in "F type" video out?

yes, an F type. Right now I have dish net with a 622 receiver and I have several TV's hooked up to a splitter going to other rooms in the house. I don't see a way to do this with the hr20 or 21......anyway around this without having to lease a bunch of additional receivers?

yes, an F type. Right now I have dish net with a 622 receiver and I have several TV's hooked up to a splitter going to other rooms in the house. I don't see a way to do this with the hr20 or 21......anyway around this without having to lease a bunch of additional receivers?

You can get one of these RadioShack.com - Home Entertainment: Accessories: Video accessories: Converters: RF Modulator or any other RF modulator, connect the composite video and audio out on the HR2X and you now had RF output from the box.

There is no coaxial output. You can run the red, white, yellow, or s-video outputs into a vcr and use it's coaxial output.

It should look just about the same as what you see with your Dish 622.

Of course....it can't be simple....my componenet output is currently being run to my dvd recorder...any suggestions?

Of course....it can't be simple....my componenet output is currently being run to my dvd recorder...any suggestions?

If you want , you can actually split it there, get a Y adaptor for the signals needing branched off, don't for get to get enough for the audio too.
Try Radio Shack

Jimbo

You need to use the composite (yellow video cable) not component (red/green/blue) to the RF modulator.

You need to use the composite (yellow video cable) not component (red/green/blue) to the RF modulator.

Oh.....totally missed that....so I can use the component still out to DVD recorder but use the composite output (video only?) to the modulator. what about sound?

Sorry guys if these are stupid questions....really trying to find a way to go with Direct without losing my other TV's that are running off the TV2 output of the 622. My house was wired for cable so I already have the wall connectors and really want to avoid having holes drilled in the side of my house as there is no more room through the attic and walls to drop any more cable + since it is only me and my husband now, I don't want to pay additional lease fees for the other TV's if I had to add boxes.

Oh.....totally missed that....so I can use the component still out to DVD recorder but use the composite output (video only?) to the modulator. what about sound?

Sorry guys if these are stupid questions....really trying to find a way to go with Direct without losing my other TV's that are running off the TV2 output of the 622. My house was wired for cable so I already have the wall connectors and really want to avoid having holes drilled in the side of my house as there is no more room through the attic and walls to drop any more cable + since it is only me and my husband now, I don't want to pay additional lease fees for the other TV's if I had to add boxes.

The red and white outputs give you the sound into your modulator.

Well the saga continues....did a test trying to pass the signal through my DVD recorder. I actually don't have the component cables going to this rec., I am using the composite cable, my component cables are going to the TV. I only have one HDMI input on my tv and I am using that for my HDDVD player.....ach! I left connections as they are and hooked up the coaxial cable to the coaxial output on the dvd recorder and fed it into the back of an old small tv that I use.....set the channel to channel 3, changed the line input on the dvd player to the same input from the 622 and......nothing. Did a channel scan....still nothing.....any ideas? Just want to eliminate this possibility before buying a modulator.

Last edited:
correction.....I am using the HDMI to DVI connection from the 622 to the TV.

All of the DVD recorders that I have seen do not pass the video/audio from the composite inputs to the Coax output. The coax output only passes the signal from the coax/antenna input.

With my set-up, I have my HR20 connected to a DVD recorder using the composite connection. I then use the composite output from the DVD rec to an RF modulator that passes the audio/video to coax cables that run to other TV's around the house. The DVD recorder must be on all of the time and the input mode set to whichever input the HR2X is connected.

Hope this helps.

All of the DVD recorders that I have seen do not pass the video/audio from the composite inputs to the Coax output. The coax output only passes the signal from the coax/antenna input.

With my set-up, I have my HR20 connected to a DVD recorder using the composite connection. I then use the composite output from the DVD rec to an RF modulator that passes the audio/video to coax cables that run to other TV's around the house. The DVD recorder must be on all of the time and the input mode set to whichever input the HR2X is connected.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your post....yea I realize now that I will need to get the RF modulator but didn't think about hooking up one of the outputs from the DVD recorder to it....great idea...then I can have DVD to all the remote TV's as well. Thanks again:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)