Anyone have an idea as what NBC Sports on 151 will carry?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
With Universal Sports going away as an OTA signal on 1/1 and Versus becoming the "All New" NBC Sports on 1/2, does anyone know what if any new programming will be on 151

Versus (soon to be NBC Sports) is just a rename
Universal Sports will try and be more of a cable/satellite channel

Versus (soon to be NBC Sports) is just a rename
Universal Sports will try and be more of a cable/satellite channel

If what they say on the scroll on the bottom of the screen, they are going to sat only on 1/1 and currently that means Direct only. And the promo on Versus is "The all new NBC Sports" coming 1/2.

Addendum: They actually say when I plug in Albany NY, one of only 3 cable outlets to carry it in NY:

Universal Sports is currently available through Time Warner Cable on channel 1827, but you may lose access to all your favorite Olympic & adventure sports and athletes. Call Time Warner Cable

Last edited:
correct.
Universal Sports is being dropped from OTA and is for cable/satco's
On September 12, 2011, it was announced that Universal Sports would convert to being exclusively distributed to cable and satellite providers, and would no longer operate as an over-the-air digital multicast network beginning in early 2012,

Versus (NBC Sports Network) will basically be a rename at the getgo...kinda like CBS College Sports changed to CBS Sports Network

I know PBR will be gone from Versus (NBC Sports on the 1st). The PBR signed a new contract to move to CBS Sports Network on the 1st. Other than that, I don't expect many changes from what they have now. Repeats of NBC sports programming in addition to what original programming they have now and probably a few NBC sports news type shows..

shouldn't this thread be moved over to Cable/Satellite Network discussion, it's just a discussion on the over all network and has nothing to do with Dish Network.

on topic, i think it will have the same programing as before except PBR as mentioned. i wouldn't be surprise if NBC Sports Network trys to buy out the remainder of ESPN's NASCAR contract and become the home for the Chase races, Nationwide races, and a daily 30 minutes or 1 hour NASCAR news magazine show like NASCAR Now on ESPN 2 and NASCAR Race Hub on Speed. plus maybe an encore of WWE programming or a couple of WWE shows that lost TV homes in the last year and a half (not likely to happen with the launch of the WWE Network, which could be a 50/50 owned network between WWE and NBC Universal, who owns the US TV Rights to Raw and SmackDown right now).

NBC Sports also got a national MLS contract from Fox Soccer Channel. Although ESPN still has there's, so it's not exclusive. Both will have contracts until 2014.

shouldn't this thread be moved over to Cable/Satellite Network discussion, it's just a discussion on the over all network and has nothing to do with Dish Network.

No. It's also a Dish topic. 151 is Versus and that is changing to NBC Sports on 1/2. I was asking if anyone had any idea what type of programming would be on 151 after 1/2.

What about the Tour de France and other bike racing that had been pretty much unique to Vs./OLN? -Jan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)