Anyone Have Blue Ridge Cable HD DVRs???

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I'm thinking of getting Blue Ridge Cable and Dropping my satellite services, But I have a Few DVR questions.
First How many Hours of HD can they record?
How do they function? Buggy or not?
Has anyone had any real problems with the Equipment?
I'm thinking of getting 3 HD DVRs and just one other Basic connection for now
along with the G5 Internet package. I'm looking at about $157 per month Vs the $166 its costing me now with E* and my Verizon Internet.
I would be losing some HD but nothing major, but I would also be gaining a few HD and SD channels that E* doesn't have plus 2 Mbps internet speed over Verizon.
I can get all this installer for free while they are running a promotion all this month. No commitments Unless I do the dish Buy Back. Then 1 or 2 years are required depending on what plan I choose.
But any thoughts on this would be great.
Thanks.

I don't know about Blue Ridge Cable but I do know I would hate getting optonline Scientific Atlanta DVR (I think it's SA). Guide data sucks never mind it's slower then hell. I say go look at the DVR up and running that may be a deal breaker, I know it would be for me.:eek: Caller ID is the biggest pain, you have to call them them to reset it a lot.
Keep in mind maybe it's just cable by me but it just doesn't work right.
Cable DVR is just for people who don't know any better.:eek:

I'm about 99% sure they are Motorola. Blue ridge website claims 40 hours, But they don't say weather its SD or HD.
I'm Guessing HD because if its only 40 Hours SD, How could it have enough Hard drive space to even record 2 hours of HD?
Thats a Small Hard Drive.

I was 99% wrong they Use Pioner or Scientific Atlantic.
Try it and let us know if you hate it! I know I do.

9206_1.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)