Anyone have Hopper with sling that works?

Is your HWS on Carbon UI a POS?

• YES

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • NO

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

Attachments

• history.jpg
    history.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 188
  • diag1.jpg
    diag1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 187
  • diag2.jpg
    diag2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 182
You could try doing a full reset and see if letting it redownload the latest software without your other receivers connected would work. Letting them update one at a time is often a way to diagnose what’s causing the issue. Otherwise the next update might work but I personally would try a full reset first. If this happened to multiple hoppers then your other two might interfere with previously downloaded software.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Possible partial resolution to PTAT issue .. so I've not been able to watch PTAT recorded on the 2nd DVR in my house from my first DVR..

DVR 1 is Hopper w/Sling, 2nd DVR is hopper without sling. I only record PTAT on Hopper 2.

I prefer to have my PTAT shown to me grouped by Network.... so naturally that's what I did ... set the PTAT to show me them grouped by Network rather than by title only.

It didn't dawn on me that this other problem appeared at the same time .. but it appears having them grouped by network has been blocking me from watching shows. I reverted to "by Title" and suddenly all of the PTAT shows appeared.

Initially I had difficulty playing one of the shows that was in PTAT only, it started playing a movie from my DVR 1 for some unknown reason.. but could only replicate that issue 1 additional time, and then it started working.

I just switched it back and forth .. by title / by network and everytime its grouped by network .. it shows me the correct number of shows on the folder .. but when I go into that folder its blank .. and hitting cancel doesn't go "UP" one level, but dumps me out.

go back in, set it for group by title, and suddently everything is back..

this kind of bug is just plain stupid! :(

Possible partial resolution to PTAT issue .. so I've not been able to watch PTAT recorded on the 2nd DVR in my house from my first DVR..

DVR 1 is Hopper w/Sling, 2nd DVR is hopper without sling. I only record PTAT on Hopper 2.

I prefer to have my PTAT shown to me grouped by Network.... so naturally that's what I did ... set the PTAT to show me them grouped by Network rather than by title only.

It didn't dawn on me that this other problem appeared at the same time .. but it appears having them grouped by network has been blocking me from watching shows. I reverted to "by Title" and suddenly all of the PTAT shows appeared.

Initially I had difficulty playing one of the shows that was in PTAT only, it started playing a movie from my DVR 1 for some unknown reason.. but could only replicate that issue 1 additional time, and then it started working.

I just switched it back and forth .. by title / by network and everytime its grouped by network .. it shows me the correct number of shows on the folder .. but when I go into that folder its blank .. and hitting cancel doesn't go "UP" one level, but dumps me out.

go back in, set it for group by title, and suddently everything is back..

this kind of bug is just plain stupid! :(

H2k and HWS weren’t meant to be compatible

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

MY HWS does not work when I try to use the EHD. I get a blank pic when I select a program to watch on the EHD and have to exit and reenter the EHD and the program will play the second time that I select it.

Update. Two days ago our daughter (who's rarely here) turned on the joey for the first time since the HWS was replaced. She was able to watch Netflix using the app from the HWS, but any other channel she selected was black. Had her unplug the joey from the outlet and plug it back in. Still no picture so I power cycled the HWS and the joey started working. This was not the first time I've cycled the new HWS since the most recent change. So far, since then, my recordings have not messed up.

Update. Two days ago our daughter (who's rarely here) turned on the joey for the first time since the HWS was replaced. She was able to watch Netflix using the app from the HWS, but any other channel she selected was black. Had her unplug the joey from the outlet and plug it back in. Still no picture so I power cycled the HWS and the joey started working. This was not the first time I've cycled the new HWS since the most recent change. So far, since then, my recordings have not messed up.

Full reset the joey.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Full reset the joey.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you restating my post or indicating that I need to "full reset the joey"? I thought unplugging the joey from the AC temporarily is resetting the joey. Need I do something different to achieve a full reset on Dish devices?

I have 2 HWS. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. I decided to test the update, so did it to the one in the bedroom. As for the update, I don't really care for it, it makes a lot of stuff interesting, but not enough that if I had known, I wouldn't have done it. My biggest beef with the update is that I can't watch programs on the living room hopper in the bedroom. It only shows programs that were Prime. Nothing else. Very annoying.

I am tempted to go with H3, but suppose I don't need two hoppers, perhaps one Hopper and one Joey. But if I ran into the above issue, I'd be pretty unhappy. Any suggestions?

If you update both H2's to CUI they can see each others recordings.

What was lost was the ability to automatically move a timer to the other H2 if it would cause a conflict on the first H2, but this was not a feature when the H2 first came out, perhaps the programmers will add it back as improvements are made to the CUI.

The Great Pumpkin tells me not to hold my breath on that one. If they did that, I wouldn't have MUCH to complain about regarding the CUI.

Of course (he?) also told me Dish would never offer Netflix.

The Great Pumpkin tells me not to hold my breath on that one. If they did that, I wouldn't have MUCH to complain about regarding the CUI.

Of course (he?) also told me Dish would never offer Netflix.

Can your Pumpkin prognosticate the date of an acceptably functioning version of the CUI software for HWS?

One thing I have noticed, I have been archiving Star Trek Deep Space Nine episodes to an EHD. Now when I press DVR, Red Button, 2 Manage recordings, none of my DS9 recordings appear. Work-around is to go to DVR DS9 episodes in the regular DVR list then press the red button and individually select the DS9 episodes to transfer.