Anyone have issues with their Sprint signal

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
This is a new one on me, but since last friday our phones have been pretty much useless for voice calls at our house.

At first when in it started we just figured that since there was a few thousand extra people in town for the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza that it might just be an over use issue, and waiting til tuesday to see if things would return to normal, but they still have not.

Lately I've been roaming a lot at the house.I don't expect much from Sprint's network. Some areas are good while others are terrible. Only thing that keeps me here is the unlimited data.....

This is a new one on me, but since last friday our phones have been pretty much useless for voice calls at our house.

At first when in it started we just figured that since there was a few thousand extra people in town for the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza that it might just be an over use issue, and waiting til tuesday to see if things would return to normal, but they still have not.

Yes, been having trouble for the last few weeks, my neighbor mentioned it first and I have noticed it since then ...
While I usually have 2-3 bars in the house, now I'll have those bars, but I may look a minute later and have zero bars.

I tried for an hour to text the neighbor and couldn't get it to send, when I hit send, I had bars, then they went out, text tried for like 2-3 minutes and then failed.

Around a month or so ago, my buddy had severe text delays and general outages on Sprint.
?The were installing/upgrading LTE service.
That was south of Los Angeles.
The OP doesn't list his location, and so there is no way to guess what his problem might be.
?My suggestion is to call customer service from the handset and ask!
Sometimes a single tower goes down.
?

When I moved to my new house, the signal was terrible. Called and complained, and Sprint sent me an Airave for free (FemtoCell). Helps A Lot.
?

When I moved to my new house, the signal was terrible. Called and complained, and Sprint sent me an Airave for free (FemtoCell). Helps A Lot.
?

I did this several times (my house in VA is in a roaming area) but Sprint would do is tell me to buy the box. Of course, I'm one of the SERO Plan so they probably don't make much money on us.

?

I've got an airave, but when I got my new S4, I had hoped that I wouldn't need it, I haven't used it in quite awhile though.

I thought I heard somewhere that Sprint wasn't going to support the Airaves any longer.

I've got an airave, but when I got my new S4, I had hoped that I wouldn't need it, I haven't used it in quite awhile though.

I thought I heard somewhere that Sprint wasn't going to support the Airaves any longer.

Yes I heard that as well but after returning mine last month I was offered a new version of it. Seems they will continue to support the airave.

As it turns out, It is the LTE upgrade. they are doing a pretty good area around where I leave and they are working on the closest tower to the house, and then the next one after it gets done. I never know at the house which tower I will hit, so I will probably experience this issue for 2-3 weeks.

Yes I heard that as well but after returning mine last month I was offered a new version of it. Seems they will continue to support the airave.

Yeah I have issues at the house as far as getting good signal strength and we are less than 5-4 miles from a tower they only have upgraded 2 towers to 4G out of about 12 in my area so until they get the rest up and going I was looking into the Airave. But did not get one due to they don't have any that support 4G only 3G at this time.

Yeah I have issues at the house as far as getting good signal strength and we are less than 5-4 miles from a tower they only have upgraded 2 towers to 4G out of about 12 in my area so until they get the rest up and going I was looking into the Airave. But did not get one due to they don't have any that support 4G only 3G at this time.

Must be nice to be in a 4G area ...
I've been paying extra for several years while Sprint anticipates 4G in the area (end of year).
When the 4G phones came out they added an addl. $10 fee, even though no one in the city could get 4G.

Quite a scam they have going.
Recently they claim it was to pay for the addl. bandwidth used by the phones now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)