iPhone 14 signal issues

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Ever since I upgraded to this iPhone 14 pro max , it drops calls on Wi-Fi. I rely on Wi-Fi calling when at home and for faster data than cellular data. I’ve tried resetting my iPhones network settings , deleting the e sim and adding it back in. Apple blames Verizon. Verizon says it’s Apple. I can’t be the only one with this issue. Is anyone else having issues.? Slow data , dropped calls , it’s frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: navychop
If you have an iPhone 14, you should have Apple Care. Contact Apple and let them know your phone is defective and you want it replaced. Explain whats happening with the dropped calls.

My hair person got a new iPhone 14 and now their iPhone can’t maintain a Bluetooth connection to their BT speaker, especially at a distance.

In reality, I expect Apple will roll out an iOS update and it will fix your problem along with a couple hundred others…

Gee, I can’t wait for the iPhone 15. Or 16. Or…..

My Xs Max does all I want. Just need to replace battery by year’s end.

Haven't noticed any connection issues with my 14 Pro so far. AT&T version but I ordered from Apple so I'm not sure the hardware is any different. The only time I talk on the phone these days is at home over Wi-Fi.

In reality, I expect Apple will roll out an iOS update and it will fix your problem along with a couple hundred others…
Wasn't that what someone said about the iPhone 4 where lefties holding the phone the conventional way would kill the signal? You can't fix that with software updates.

I think the same problem surfaced in a more recent model and the response was, again, to hold the phone differently. Of course this doesn't work if the phone is laying on a counter or on a stand.

So here’s an update on this issue . I took it to the Apple Store few last week and they replaced the cellular chip because it failed their testing . They replaced everything but the screen . Phone is still dropping Wi-Fi calls .

I have tried resetting network settings , restarting iPhone , phone has latest software. Idk what else to do as my wife has a 13 and she has no issues with Wi-Fi calling . I have AppleCare . I’m not sure if Verizon can help or should I have Apple just give me a new phone entirely.???

I’m not sure if Verizon can help or should I have Apple just give me a new phone entirely.???
Since Wi-fi calling doesn't much involve your wireless carrier, I'd be breathing down Apple's neck to make it work. They may recommend a new Wi-fi setup but you need to shoot that down as you can't take your Wi-fi setup with you.

Reactions: Foxbat
Get a new iPhone if it still isn’t working.

Or, you could see if Apple would be willing to “downgrade” you to an iPhone 13 with more storage. If you bought it through a carrier and it’s locked to the carrier, you’ll probably need to deal with the carrier. I always get unlocked phones so I have more freedom dealing with carriers and phones, so I’m out of date on dealing with carriers.