Anyone have problems with locals tonite??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
My Burlington VT SD locals went out tonite but my Hi Def locals were fine. Error message #120 something about not able recieve my locals outside my DMA.

Called Dish Tech support some how they listed my locals as Houston,TX when I live in NH he saw the error corrected it and sent the hit my Burlington VT SD locals were backup that lasted about 4 mins and same thing happened again now when I called back they had a message about having problems with my local channels. At least I still get HD till they fix the problem.

Anyone else have that problem tonite?

Bob

Our locals were down (off 129 sat) in ATL earlier this evening. When I switched to the local channels and it did the 'acquiring sat signal' screen and went through some transponders, never got past step 0 of 5... That lasted for about 30-45 seconds then a screen came up (that looked like a channel) and it said something along the lines of, "No need to call Dish. We are aware of the error. You can watch non-local channels by selecting them from you guide." It seems to be working fine now (8:20PM EST)

We lost our locals in the Quincy,IL-Hanibal,MO-Keokuk,IA market at around 5:35 CST. We also have the "no need to call" message on our screen. When it happened all of our locals (We only have SD so I do not know about HD) had the picture frozen for about 5 min and then were black until about 6:00pm CST when the message appeared on the screen. We still do not have them as of 7:40 CST.

All my Atlanta HD locals are pixelizing and dropping audio every 2 or 3 seconds. I did a reset and a check switch, no change. Fox (5) and ABC (2) is the worse.
Edit: I take that back, they are all about the same. Driving me crazy.

My Burlington VT SD locals went out tonite but my Hi Def locals were fine. Error message #120 something about not able recieve my locals outside my DMA.

Called Dish Tech support some how they listed my locals as Houston,TX when I live in NH he saw the error corrected it and sent the hit my Burlington VT SD locals were backup that lasted about 4 mins and same thing happened again now when I called back they had a message about having problems with my local channels. At least I still get HD till they fix the problem.

Anyone else have that problem tonite?

Bob

Had it happen to me for a few mintes a couple of times in the Philly area. This happened once before about a month ago.

Ron

Our locals were down (off 129 sat) in ATL earlier this evening. When I switched to the local channels and it did the 'acquiring sat signal' screen and went through some transponders, never got past step 0 of 5... That lasted for about 30-45 seconds then a screen came up (that looked like a channel) and it said something along the lines of, "No need to call Dish. We are aware of the error. You can watch non-local channels by selecting them from you guide." It seems to be working fine now (8:20PM EST)
Same exact thing happened with the New Orleans locals@ 5:15pm. but they were fixed within 15 mins or so.

We lost both the SD Locals (error message about receiving outside local area) and HD (diff. message - do not call....)... Occurred around 6:30 EDT.

Rebooted both units and it appeared to come back.

pittsburgh locals flaked during ABC national news. only recorded fragment of charlie gibson.

wonder if there was bad weather at the uplink?

I know it happened tonight on WHDH in Boston, the HD feed, only lasted a minute that I saw. Audio was fine but the picture was all pixalized.

I had that exact experience ever so briefly as I was initially "logging in" to my system. I did switch from a national to a local channel (both on 129) when I saw the interruption. It was raining at the same time and I thought it might have been fade. But then before I really had any time to think about it, it cleared-up on its own. This was around 6:45 PM EDT if memory serves...

It happened here in Knoxvile,TN the local ABC had heavy pixeling but the sound was perfect . I had no issues over the Air thou and it was only on the HD channel here. The local ABC station is a piece of crap any ways last nigt it was extra crapy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)