Anyone have problems with their 622 broadband?

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I have a somewhat complicated setup to get a broadband connection to my 622. I have a wireless router connected to DSL, and I have a wireless router in bridge mode connected to the 622. It has worked for over a year that way. However about two weeks ago, it stopped working. I connected my computer to the wireless bridge and reconfigured everything. My computer was then able to connect to the internet through the bridge. However the 622 still will not connect.

The only thing I haven't tried as of yet is replace the cable between the bridge and the 622. I'm going to do that after I dig a cable out of a storage room. Have there been problems with the 622 ethernet ports going bad?

Well, I tried a different cable and same result: no connection. If I connect my computer to the bridge it works. If I connect my 622 it doesn't work.

Well,Something like that happens to mine(622)The Difference with mine she get online but doesn't download any of the movies list available or any VOD list.:confused:

Try a direct cat5 link from router to receiver (buth DHCP) to see if the ethernet may have died on your receiver.

I finally got it to work. It was a problem with my bridge router, but I still don't understand it. I changed the settings from client bridge to client only and the receiver ethernet works now. So it was a problem with dd-wrt and not the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)