Anyone have problems with their locals last night?

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Last night for about two hours, one of my local channels (WEWS in cleveland) was having serious problems. The audio was running fine, but the video was a 4-5 second blocks of freeze frame followed by a blue screen saying "We're aware of the problems....dont call us...)

I turned on one of my old TVs with a simple antenna and WEWS OTA was fine, so it was definetly a problem on Dish's end..

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

I had problems with WJW at around 10:15. I checked the rest of the locals and it none of them were coming in. OTA was fine. Went upstairs and checked one of my 311's about 5 minutes later and it was working fine.

Was there a message displaying from Dish on WJW?

I noticed the problem between 8-10, but the other channels were fine at that time.....weird....i was hoping it had something to do with getting the HD channels working, but I know that is wishful thinking.

I had problems with WJW at around 10:15. I checked the rest of the locals and it none of them were coming in. OTA was fine. Went upstairs and checked one of my 311's about 5 minutes later and it was working fine.
I noticed the same thing in CT. Was watching L&O and around 10:20 got the "Acquiring satellite signal" screen for 110. All locals were affected for about 2-3 minutes, OTA worked fine.

Mine was really, really weird. I've never seen anything like it in my 6+ years with Dish. It never went to the acquiring satellite screen and the audio never dropped. The video was just still pictures interrupted by a blue screen with a message from dish on it (while the audio was still playing)

No issues, but my locals are on 118 (and 61.5). Actually, I noticed that American Idol over the Sat. looked better than normal and wondered if they had upped the bitrate.

Ted

I was having trouble with 119 and 110 last night in Indiana and I also thought that some of the HD channels looked a little better after the trouble stopped. I thought it was just me though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)