Anyone have this 811 problem ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Recently when I'm viewing the guide, and I hit the right arrow key to the next time slot, everything switches to "no info" and freezes up. Is this a new or common problem? Is rebooting the only thing I can do? This is the first problem I've had in many months with my 811. Thanks.

Yes - common problem

JimMcC said:
Recently when I'm viewing the guide, and I hit the right arrow key to the next time slot, everything switches to "no info" and freezes up. Is this a new or common problem? Is rebooting the only thing I can do? This is the first problem I've had in many months with my 811. Thanks.

Yes this is common, starting with the 3.30 formware. Yes you have to reboot. Sometimes, it does seem to recover without rebooting but a short time later it starts saying "information unavailable" and you end up rebooting anyway. For me, this happens about every two days, sooner if we are using it a lot.

I only experienced this problem once, right after the 3.30 software installed.

I rebooted once and everything was fine and has been since.

Supossedly it's been around prior to 3.30

I've been lucky to get rid of it and I don't have it bothering me :)

I've had the "no info" issue but it hasn't locked up on my yet. Normally a Page Up/Down clears it for me.

BFG said:
Supossedly it's been around prior to 3.30

I've been lucky to get rid of it and I don't have it bothering me :)

Could have been around for a while - but I never had it at 2.84. Perhaps one of the releases between 2.84 and 3.30 caused it...

Other problems

Yes, I've seen it but not to a great degree. Another problem I had was the sound dropped out completely on my 811. I ended up unplugging the power over night and it worked again the next morning. Thought the 811 finally went to meet it's maker but apparently only used #7 of it's 9 lives....

Man i have this problem everyday. Only since i got the 3.30 software dish you suck. I had 2.84 before this by the way i started having problems right before the new software but it worked great fir a long time its wierd just as 3.30 came out i had issues but after i actually got the 3.30 it just crappes out alot. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts