Anyone having periodic video stuttering on their 622?

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
I've been seeing this for about 4 weeks now and it doesn't seem to matter whether it's live or recorded, HD or SD. It usually only lasts for 10 seconds or so and it seems to come and go. Skipping back/forward sometimes clears it up but not always.

I had this while watching a recording a few nights ago. I just assumed it was a temporary signal interruption. Maybe not.

Same here. Started about a month ago. I see it mostly on recorded stuff. But that's what I watch the most.

I just figured Dish is working on their system. Trying to make room or tweak mpeg4 or something along those lines.

I've been having the occasional stuttering problem for a few years since the 622 came out, but less recently. Come to think of it; only on one of my 622's.

It happened over the weekend while I was watching live. I forget which channel. But I rewound and it didn't stutter watching it recorded.

However, I do get the stutter on some recorded shows. I hadn't tried rewinding and looking to see if it stutters again.

This sounds like a problem in the VIP622 and not a broadcast problem. I wonder if one of the software updates introduces this.

I have had the stutter for about a month now, it is getting quite bad on my DVR recordings, have been wondering if my 622 was going bad and if I should call Dish about a replacement. I keep hoping it will clear itself up.

I have noticed it on my 211 box. It is all most like a strobe effect where the picture skips a couple of frames. It was doing it last night while i was watching a movie on Starz.

I see it several times a day. I don't think its heat since I would have seen it during the summer not the winter. I only recently started seeing the issue maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Pausing the show when you first see it and waiting a few seconds then playing again seems to bypass the issue.

I've had a stuttering problem with my 622 on HD recordings for a while now. As far as I can tell, it only happens with OTA. At first I was thinking it had something to do with a temporarily weak signal, but it happens even on my NBC channel which is always in the 90's. I also don't notice any pixelation as you would expect to get from a weak signal.

The problem is really annoying when I'm watching a football game that is still being recorded. If I let the game record for, say, an hour, and then start watching it, it will sometimes stutter, and then skip to live TV. So suddenly, I know what the score is going to be at or near the end of the game. Argh! I go to great pains to not hear the score of a game I've recorded, so this REALLY annoys me. It's happened more than once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)