Anyone having periodic video stuttering on their 622?

I've had it for about 6 months. Audio always works fine, just video drops frames. I used to try to skip around to make it go away, but I found it usually clears up in 10 seconds or so.

We only have one OTA station here and it's not in HD, so I only watch the local news. I have seen the stutter on it as well.

Once it clears up, you can back up and it will play fine. So it's not the signal or the hard drive.

I think it's caused by transmission (compression??) problems.

That doesn't really make sense. If you "back up" after the problem clears, you will find that the recording is fine. The hard drive captures the entire signal correctly. You're not ever really watching a "live" signal, always just a recording that was made a second earlier.

Also, why would the exact same symptoms appear on Mpeg-2 SD, Mpeg 2 HD, Mpeg-4 HD, and OTA signals (in different cities).

Has to be the DEcoder, or the hard drive.

The stuttering is quite frequent on my 622. But even on record events, I back up and replay but the stuttering still exists.

That doesn't really make sense. If you "back up" after the problem clears, you will find that the recording is fine. The hard drive captures the entire signal correctly. You're not ever really watching a "live" signal, always just a recording that was made a second earlier.

Also, why would the exact same symptoms appear on Mpeg-2 SD, Mpeg 2 HD, Mpeg-4 HD, and OTA signals (in different cities).

Has to be the DEcoder, or the hard drive.

I find the problem exists in both live and recorded modes.

..l.

Once it clears up, you can back up and it will play fine. So it's not the signal or the hard drive.

If that is what you are experiencing, then you are not seeing the same issue as reported in this thread.

The issue reported here is in the stream, or at least has something in the stream that causes the receiver to glitch,weather it's a glitch in the stream, or a command in the stream that the receiver has issues with, I don't know.

It also could be an issue with a bad block on the hard drive where this particular piece of the stream got set though that seems unlikely if it happens in the buffer, and the recorded stream. I would think those are stored in two different spots. But I really don't have a clue.

I just posted something about this in the 622 bug thread, though I guess it's not a bug. I have only noticed this in recorded shows. Glad to know it isn't just me. I wish it would stop or only happen during commercials.:)

been having it on my 211 for a couple days now,I have the protection plan,so i'm gonna try to get a second 722 to replace the 211 so I can rewind to help the problem.

It just happened again. I'm recording smash lab in HD ch182 and rewinding doesn't fix it.:confused:

Edit, I just rewinded it like 10 times. It actually played through the spot fine twice, it got stuck once like I pressed pause and the rest of the time it was sss-lll-ooo-www mmm-ooo-ttt-iii-ooo-nnn sss-ttt-uuu-ttt-ttt-eee-rrr.

Just started on my 622 about 2 weeks ago. Only lasts for a few seconds but it is annoying when it does.

i just noticed a stutter on the espn2 race i recorded
it lasted at least 5 seconds but video and audio skipped/stuttered l

not sure if it was a fluke or the transmission from the track as i use my DVR as much as anyone and this is the first time i have seen it.
I record at least 6 hrs a day of something that i then playback

I just wanted to say that my 622 hasn't stuttered in quite a while. Actually it's only stuttered twice the whole time I've had it, but the two times were close together and about when other people started reporting the problem.

It happens quite randomly I believe. Perhaps a resource issue within the software. haven't seen it in a few days, but been watching lots of recorded stuff. Didn't happen during the sarah conner chronicles tonight... but it did happen during a commercial.

I was skipping past commercials and I ended up with one on for a moment and it happened... a stuttery glitch.

So they happen, just don't see it sometimes because it's in a commercial.

I am seeing it as well.
The frame rate dropes to about 5 per second with a loss of audio. Lasts for about 5 to 7 seconds then jumps back to real time.

HD and SD signals. Started about 4 weeks ago. I see it about once in 3 or 4 hours of viewing. Buffered playback shows the same thing.

With such widespread stuttering problems, this has to be a software problem. Dish has forever taken two steps forward and one back (or the reverse) with their software downloads. A front panel reset cures the problem until it reappears maybe the next day. So it goes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)