Anyone having problems with the VIP 211

saaby

Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Hi,

On 23rd May 2006 I bought a VIP 211 and evertime I tune in on HD programming there,s always horizontals bars appearing very briefly prior to be able to see the image,this morning (althought those bars always appears) the image was normal as usual,but tonight upon using eitheir my remote control of directly on the receiver there was no power at at all,that is,caput,is this mean that I way have to buy another receiver or it be can repaired and my question is : anyone have had my similar problem ans if so what was the outcome.

Unplug it for 10 minutes and reconnect.

If it is still dead call Dish and sign up for Dish Home Protection Plan.

Call back with your problem.

Hi,

I have follow your advise and after re-connecting the ac power my vip 211 remain lit for about 30 seconds and went off again and I hope that it's not beyond repairs.

Even though it's out of warranty, Dish has been known to replace a receiver. Call tech support and see what they'll do.

S~

Hi,

In the even that I have to buy a new one do I need to stay with the VIP model to have all the HD programming or another make could do and if so do you have any suggestion for other make,I only have one tv on hd and i'ts connceted to my home theatre.

Thank you

Hi,

In the even that I have to buy a new one do I need to stay with the VIP model to have all the HD programming or another make could do and if so do you have any suggestion for other make,I only have one tv on hd and i'ts connceted to my home theatre.

Thank you

You'll need to stay with the VIP to enjoy alll of the HD programming. Report what happens before you buy a new one.

S~

Hi,

It's me again,I re-try to unplug and re-plug the ac cord and this time the receiver stay lit I am able to navigate throught the setup menu and the receiver is searching for the signal but to no avail, and may be the receiver needs to re-active again.

Last edited:
That sounds like a bad receiver. Call Tech. Support and tell them all the problems you're having, hopefully they'll replace the receiver.

Thanks but the receiver was purchase mi-may 2006 and this is 16 July 2007,and I wonder? but I quess the best way to find out is to check is it is possible to have a new one,let's hope for the best.

Good suggestion,
Now is anyone not having problems with Hd Receiver VIP 211.

I used my 211 in my rv from the 4th - 14th july with no problems at all. Will be out on the 24th july - 9th aug and will check thread after returning. In the 2 years I've had my 211 its been perfect so there are some good units out there. I think you are caught up in seeing only the problem posts as very few ever post untill not happy with unit.

I've had my 221 for 3 weeks.

It has a more sensitive OTA ATSC tuner than any of my others. I receive all my local DT channels on a silver sensor, some of which are flakey on my Accurian 6000 and ViP622 with a CM4228 approx 6 miles from towers broadcasting at <1kw.

No software or hardware problems noted.