Anyone having the same problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
were you are watching Tv and for no reason your DIRECTV system go's to searching for SAT signal for 5-10mins(or more) over the past 3 to 5days?

this has happen to me and I had a DIRECTV installer come out and he said it was a DIRECTV problem on there end anyknow if this is true?

Last edited:
If it happens on any channel (and not a fixed channel), it could be water got into your connection somewhere, this can happen with dew as well as rain. It could also be a failing multiswitch, to check that, connect a receiver to the dish directly (if you use a seperate multiswitch outside of the dish unit), and see if it still happens, if it doesn't then it might be the switch, if it does, check all connectors, i.e. remove them and inspect each on carefully for signs of oxidation (or moisture), or a short center lead that may lose connection if the cable is stretched physically or by heat.

Last edited:
damaged said:
If it happens on any channel (and not a fixed channel), it could be water got into your connection somewhere, this can happen with dew as well as rain.
It happens on all channels not just one.

damaged said:
If it happens on any channel (and not a fixed channel), it could be water got into your connection somewhere, this can happen with dew as well as rain. It could also be a failing multiswitch, to check that, connect a receiver to the dish directly (if you use a seperate multiswitch outside of the dish unit), and see if it still happens, if it doesn't then it might be the switch.
THe multiswitch is a month old so it is not that.

A multiswitch can fail even after being only 1 day old if moisture gets in and causes it to short, or if the multiswitch was defective to begin with. But like I said sounds more like a bum/leaking connector.

damaged said:
A multiswitch can fail even after being only 1 day old if moisture gets in and causes it to short, or if the multiswitch was defective to begin with.
Well I can't get up on my roof so I will wait for 5more days to see if it is on DIRECTV's end if the problem does not clearup I will recall DIRECTV out.

so I am the only one having this problem?

charper1 said:
I also agree, if it were on DirecTV's end this board would be flooded. It has to be your hardware somehow.
If you guys are 100% I will get another DIRECTV installer out here ASAP.

OK nevermind you guys I am getting one out ASAP I am calling DIRECTV right now.

Perhaps try another input on the multiswitch if you have one open.

DIRECTV just sent out a senior tech and he look at my hole system found it was a bad LNB and replaced them so now to see if that fixed it.
Why I can't tell now because it happened at night most of the times.

I loved the work order it said in comments: send out senior tech: problem with cabling or dish NOT DIRECTV broadcasting! like last TECH said:D :up

Last edited:
lee78221 said:
DIRECTV just sent out a senior tech and he look at my hole system found it was a bad LNB and replaced them so now to see if that fixed it.
Why I can't tell now because it happened at night most of the times.

the loved the work order it said in comments: send out senior tech: problem cabling or DISH NOT DIRECTV broadcasting!link last TECH said:D :up

That's funny :)

I hope that your problem is fixed finally (keep in mind, a bad LNB could have been caused by water leaking in, if there is a leak, the new LNB may be shorted too in time, I hope I am wrong and there is no leak though, I would hope you asked him to check the connectors/cables), let us know.

Last edited:
lee,

on our w/o they smash every comment together.

what yours meant was : problem with cabling or dish.............

..it isnt on directvs end.

damaged said:
That's funny :)

I hope that your problem is fixed finally (keep in mind, a bad LNB could have been caused by water leaking in, if there is a leak, the new LNB may be shorted too in time, I hope I am wrong and there is no leak though, I would hope you asked him to check the connectors/cables), let us know.
I would hope you asked him to check the connectors/cables), let us know:

I did not need to he did it him self:up :up

dragon002 said:
lee,

on our w/o they smash every comment together.

what yours meant was : problem with cabling or dish.............

..it isnt on directvs end.
I know what that meant I just loved that DIRECTV put that in there.:up :up

I loved the way his face looked when he went to DIRECTV Central on my hacked Tivo and saw Music and Photos in there.

Last edited:
I turned my h-20 on this past saturday, and it went straight into the reboot mode. After rebooting it did the aquiering sat info, then it rebooted again and again and again. I called D* and had them send me a brand new receiver I got it yesturday and so far all is well. :confused:

We'll see how long this one lasts!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)