Anyone having this issue? - 622: Erasing Program Guide Memory

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
It seems that since L403 my 622 has decided to not record any premium channels like HBO HD, SHOW HD or STARZ HD. Every week since the Tudors and Sopranos began I have set the DVR to record new episodes and every day after the program guide is downloaded these recordings are wiped out. It seems like it only happens on the these three premium channels. I have done a soft reboot but that did not help. Any suggestions?

Because my HD is so filled up, I only use "Once" record mode and it works fine with hbo and showtime for me.

Sean,

It sounds like the file that gets written to save your recording schedules is being written on a bad spot on the disk or the file the information gets written into is corrupt. I would try a number of steps that would cause a new recording schedule file to be written.

Delete ALL recording schedules and reboot. Reset the schedules and test.

If that doesn't do it:

Turn off, remove ALL coax inputs, turn on and run switch test. Turn off and hook up all coax cables, then rerun switch test and OTA scan. Then reschedule recordings.

I have no data to show that either of these steps will work. However, I have noted the the more trouble you have to go through to get something done, the more likely you will succeed.

I have a bunch of programs recorded and would hate to lose them. I will try the second option. I am still having the same problem. Just bumping the thread since I did not get to read it until now.

Well,

I tried the "test switch" but that did not work. It seems like the problem is not only contraint to HD premium channels but to every single HD channel except for locals and cinemax HD (addes just last week). I have diagnosed the problem more. It seems like everytime I set the dvr to record a program and turn off the receiver the DVR erases the programs that I had set to record (after being in stand by or off position ~ around 5 minutes). The funny thing is that if I look under the history of programs, I can see the programs to be recorded but they are no where in the program guide hilighted to be recorded.

So now I have to leave the DVR on to record the program. To me this looks more and more like a software problem rather than a hardware problem. It all started when L403 was introduced.

Are you setting it to record New or Weekly? It seems some others with this problem have been been successful by recording using the weekly setting instead of the New setting.

Are you setting it to record New or Weekly? It seems some others with this problem have been been successful by recording using the weekly setting instead of the New setting.

I have not tried weekly. I have tried New or Once and it has not worked. The only solution at this point has been to leave DVR on. Although I left on last night and this am it was turned off. Does the DVR automatically turns off after a period of time?

I have not tried weekly. I have tried New or Once and it has not worked. The only solution at this point has been to leave DVR on. Although I left on last night and this am it was turned off. Does the DVR automatically turns off after a period of time?

Try the Weekly setting and see what happens.

There is an INACTIVITY option that will turn off the receiver after a set number of hours.

How is your average temp and what is your HDD Smart Status?

He said delete "ALL recording schedules and reboot. Reset the schedules and test.", i.e. the timers.

Do you have HD channel map-down enabled or disabled ?? Whichever it's on, reverse it, i.e. if it's on now, turn it off.

Did you use DishPass to record these ?? If so, cancel that and use a regular timer.

He said delete "ALL recording schedules and reboot. Reset the schedules and test.", i.e. the timers.

Do you have HD channel map-down enabled or disabled ?? Whichever it's on, reverse it, i.e. if it's on now, turn it off.

Did you use DishPass to record these ?? If so, cancel that and use a regular timer.

I have not done this since I do not want to lose the recordings that are working now on the network local channels. I am going to do it once the season is finished for most of the series. I tried the weekly option for The Tudor and the Sopranos and the memory is not erased. But if I do once or new, it is. Please post if you are having a similar problem with the PG memory being erased. My problem occurs on all hd channels with the once and new option.

I am having a similiar problem with HBOHD (channel 5515, Alaska spotbeam). All my other channels including other HD channels record just fine with any option. Channel 5515 will not record no matter what method I try. The red light comes on and it says record, and it shows up as recorded in the DVR menu, but when I go to play back, there is nothing there. I'm sorry I don't have a solution, but you are not alone with the problem.