Anyone having trouble with Dish OTA HD tuners?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was having bad droputs on all of the ota, then they were fixed with a software update around 3 months ago. i am now having the problem again mainly with my abc channel. the problem is the dish receiver. When i have the problem, if i hook the antenna directly to the tv, the droputs stop!! When i hook back to the dish box, they start up again. I even tried removing all of the ota, and rescanning , but that didnt help. I even unplugged the box for an hour hoping to reset the info, but no luck, If you call dish, they say that ota is a bonus and they are not worried/responsable for that. Next time you have droputs, hook the antenna directly to the tv. If they stop it is your dish box, if they dont it is your stations or your antenna/cables.
Hope it helps

Thanks, but my only problem with that is that I am using a projector, so I do not have an tuner to test with. I do know that this is the same antenna that I used downstairs with an OTA HD box in the past with no problems, so I do know it is not the antenna itself (may be the antenna in conjunction with the Dish receiver) or the signals because I have had them before working.

I have seen the mulitpath option mentioned before, but I did not understand it and I noticed that with different updates it has gone better to worse to better, etc. It has never been perfect. And it seems that right now it is really bad. But for example we watch the show taped last Sunday without one incident. I haven't checked to see if I have received any new software since then. It just seems odd that it is so inconsistent.

I love having the 3rd tuner for recording stuff, but if it is recording unwatchable stuff... And I am one that this has been my only real problem with Dish and I do not want to have to switch, but to not be able to watch my local channels is a big problem... :(

I've seen the dropouts as well and it's only relatively recently. Like since the last update on the 622. I never had them before that. Like the others, if I go antenna direct to TV it's fine. So it's definitely Dish's equipment that is at fault.

Oh and I'm not buyin' that song and dance about OTA being a bonus and they aren't concerned with it. (not that they didn't SAY that... but rather that for them to make that statement is a bunch of hooey). There's an OTA connector, an OTA tuner, and it's mentioned as a feature. Therefore it deserves as much attention as any other operational function of the unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts