Anyone hear about the WNBA fracas?

Video of "Malice at the Palace, WNBA Style"

Brawl Mars End Of Sparks' Victory Vs. Shock - ESPN Video

Don't watch the WNBA myself, do think Candace Parker is quite the beauty, but is comedic to watch.

This does raise a couple of interesting questions.

Does the WNBA have a rule similar to the NBA on players leaving the bench arena during a fight? If not, why not?

Both teams primarily have male coaches, and are allowed to assist the refs in gaining control in fights. But it was very obvious that a male being aggressive in trying to keep players separated only added to melee. Should the WNBA also prohibit coaches from leaving the bench area and solely depend on the refs to stop the fight?

Video of "Malice at the Palace, WNBA Style"

Brawl Mars End Of Sparks' Victory Vs. Shock - ESPN Video

Don't watch the WNBA myself, do think Candace Parker is quite the beauty, but is comedic to watch.

This does raise a couple of interesting questions.

Does the WNBA have a rule similar to the NBA on players leaving the bench arena during a fight? If not, why not?

Both teams primarily have male coaches, and are allowed to assist the refs in gaining control in fights. But it was very obvious that a male being aggressive in trying to keep players separated only added to melee. Should the WNBA also prohibit coaches from leaving the bench area and solely depend on the refs to stop the fight?

I found it quite funny, that local media and some national are comparing it to the brawl with pistons pacers.....Not even close, though it was funny to see a sparks player hit rick mahorn from behind when she though he pushed someone!!

I am one step closer to my dream for the WNBA. I want to see a bench clearing brawl in the WNBA someday. I mean like the brawls you used to see when the Heat would play the Knicks back in the mid and late 90s. This one was a decent start, but I'm still waiting for that bench-clearing brawl with multiple ejections and suspensions and fines involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)