Anyone here use Adobe CS4?

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I've been tasked with creating a digital content distribution system at work for multiple locations. I've gotten the displays, infrastructure, and even basic content in place, but I really see some potential to incorporate lots of our machine data and other data (web and internal multimedia) into the general info.

I've realized that adobe CS4, specifically flash and it's ability to use XML streams from our machinery and seamlessly combine many of our data sources into very elegant presentations, but I am not a flash or even anything adobe related kind of designer.

So I am looking for info from anyone here on some good books or online tutorials/examples of CS4/flash design and how the heck the whole program works. It's very overwhelming to me and I just haven't had a lot of success creating much just by playing around.

Do you use any .NET products? You can use Silverlight and do anything you can do with Flash. Also it integrates with Microsofts distribution software and content management software (can't remember the name)

Well, I'm kind of stuck with what is supported by the media players.

.net would work if I get new runtimes compiled into the linux OS that runs the media players. What's I've noticed in testing is how easy it works with flash, which then is pretty straightforward for XML and RSS feeds.

They are pretty versatile, but I don't know if they can natievely handle .net or silverlight. I have .net stuido 2008, but it's mostly for light work, I'm not really a programmer, at least I don't consider myself one.

I suppose I could use .net and build a web setup and have the players fetch that page from the intranet servers. Eventually though I need to hand this off to HR and Safety so they can easily update their screens (that's where XML is coming into play) without having to re-upload or recreate the screens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)