Anyone into 3D printing?

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Anyone here into 3D printing by any chance? I'm working on a DIY project around the house and need a little help from someone who can 3D print at least 4 inch by 4 inch objects.

Anyone here into 3D printing by any chance? I'm working on a DIY project around the house and need a little help from someone who can 3D print at least 4 inch by 4 inch objects.
What material do you want to print?

The house my wife & I bought came with a Jacuzzi tub in the Master Bathroom but the previous owners neglected it badly. Despite everything we've tried we have never managed to clean the internal pipe system. We tried everything on the internet that people suggested and even bought commercial products but no matter what we tried black stuff still comes out when the tub is used. We've pretty much just ignored it up until this point in time, but decided recently to look at possibly sealing the jets and making it into a soaker tub. We talked to a few commercial outfits but they wanted thousands to do it.

Then I came up with the idea of possibly getting some 3D printed "plugs" to seal the jets off. Essentially each jet assembly is a 3" wide hole, with a plastic ring around it on the body of the tub. Ideally I'd like to get some kind of "cap" or "lid" that would overlap that plastic ring (to allow more room for a better seal)

It turns out somebody has already done this, but for a different tub.

My tub has 4 big jets, and one intake jet in the back that is smaller.

Big Jets:

3.00 inches inside
4.25 outside ring

1.5 inches inside
2.6 outside ring

I need someone with the know-how to modify that guy's original plans to the dimensions of the ones on my tub.

Here are photos of the big jets, and the cover of mine I took back when we disassembled them to try to clean it:

5C0585F4-0A47-47C0-93DD-6F160A903CF3.jpeg

8C5AEC8E-562C-4D20-8A26-2FD41E933575.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)