Anyone in DC area having HD local issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Koda1021

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going on. A few weeks ago, I believe it was during a Thursday night episode of Lost, my HD local channels just went out. Some pixelation at first, then the 771 searching for satellite error. The shows I recorded on other local HD channels didn't record either. I reset the receiver, everything worked fine again. This happened a few times over the past few weeks. Searching for signal then somehow the next day everything would work fine. Customer service called during a time that things were working fine, and after all the tests, concluded it was a fluke.

Two days ago, it started happening again. No HD locals at all. Meanwhile, all other channels (SD and HD) work fine. Nothing I did worked, resetting, etc. This morning *poof* it's working again. About an hour ago, the local HDs went out again. I'm about 25 miles from Washington, DC in Fairfax, VA and it's raining pretty bad today. So, I'm not sure if that is affecting things.

I'm just curious if anyone else in the DC metro area has had this same issue recently?

Thanks in advance! (oh, I've got a 5LNB dish and HR21 receiver)

My DC locals have been coming in fine regardless of the weather. It sounds like your antenna may need a little adjustment to improve the transponder strength. My channels do not fade in the rain. Sorry I can't help with the DVR issue, I have H20's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)