Anyone in the know or beta...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
I know you can't talk about details (dates and such) Has there been any advancement / improvements with the current l3.55 bugs?

Specifically with regards to:
optical DD dropouts
occasional flickering pictures on HD channels
muted DD audio on HD channels (pause / skipback or not running it in live mode fixes it)
the HD OTA DD audio sync issues

Dish support always says these are software issues and to hang on for the update...

thanks any info (hope) would be appreciated

WEll, I am not in any special program, but I have a 622 with l355 and I do not have any problems with it at all. Especially not any that some are reporting.

The only thing I don't have is my OTA antenna hooked up to it.

DD seems to be the biggest issue

The receiver seems to have the biggest problems with DD audio... when the receiver seems to forget to decode DD audio it also happens on the SD channels which carry DD audio (Showtime and HBO) as well as on the HD channels (OTA and dish), skip back or pause for a few seconds (basically taking it out of live mode fixes it) or if you reboot (holding the power button on the panel). This issue happens via optical, RCA, HDMI and TV2 modulated

As far as the audio dropping out (only happens with DD audio over optical) it mostly seems to happen when i first change to a channel it'll skip a few times (like it's catching up or re buffering or something) then it's usually good, although during viewing it will happen occasionally (OTA or DISH).

Audio sync mostly seems to occur when using optical (with a DD feed coming through) and on OTA channels (for some reason my local NBC, although if switch to my TV's built in tuner there's no sync issues.

What's strange is some people have these issues and others do not, I began to think it was overheating (my case is always quite warm to touch) so today I bought an aluminum dual fan laptop cooler. The receiver sits directly ontop of this cooling pad and the fan sucks hot air from underneath the receiver's vent slots and out through the back of the cooling pad. So far after running a few hours the case has cooled down quite a bit, so we'll see if that improves the stability of the unit...

As always I await patiently until dish releases the next software for the receiver, because i'm sure there are bugs causing some of the audio glitches... dish always tells me this when i call to complain... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts