Anyone know what this line item is on my bill?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
12/18/2017 RCREDIT-0102 $0.64

I would think it was some kind of credit, but it's a charge of .64. ATT trying to nickel and dime me 64 cents at a time?

I have it to on my Dec. bill ....
However, ,if I look back on my previous bills, Oct, I had some how a .58 cent CREDIT says Tax adjustment, the credit shows up in Nov.
I'm wondering if you may have turned something on or off recently, I turned off a movie channel and it looks like its a adjustment for that.

No programming, equipment changes on my end.
Maybe the amount I saw on mine was just an adjustment for the old tax before turning off and the other was what you mentioned "Federal Cost Recovery Charge" entirely.
I have a few different adjustments on my bill.
But yes, its interesting what that is for and why.

I got a new Residential Customer Agreement in the mail today ....
It has a breakdown of fees and whatnot in it.

That .64 fee is listed ... fwiw. it says:
FCC Recovery Charge
Annual charge to recover fees paid to the FCC for providing DIRECTV service (subscriber fee and earth station Sat fees)
The FCC does Not require ATT or Directv to collect this surcharge or fee from its subs.

So, its a once a year fee ?
And they don't have to collect it ...

Do we have to PAY it then ?

Here's my favorite new line item since I switched to Preferred XTRA today

Regional Sports Fee - Disconnect Adj ($5.63) ($0.35) especially since it's going up a dollar in my area next month. :biggrin

Here's my favorite new line item since I switched to Preferred XTRA today

Regional Sports Fee - Disconnect Adj ($5.63) ($0.35) especially since it's going up a dollar in my area next month. :biggrin
I understand ... as long as your not a Sports Fan.
However, it would be nice to have our RSN withOUT the added fee that was put there, just because they can get away with it.

Reactions: RandallA
12/18/2017 RCREDIT-0102 $0.64

I would think it was some kind of credit, but it's a charge of .64. ATT trying to nickel and dime me 64 cents at a time?
This is basically the same FCC fee that Dish charges its subscribers $0.03 for each month. Long story short, the FCC decided to start charging satellite providers a fee of $0.03 per subscriber per month to help pay for the cost of relocating the FCC's headquarters. Both satellite providers cried foul (and rightfully so) and refused to simply absorb this fee, instead passing it on to their subscribers. Instead of literally nickeling their customers to death each month like Dish did (fun fact: the very first US coin made of nickel was actually a three-cent piece) Directv chose to let the fee build up, and lump it in with a fee to recover other costs that satellite providers had been paying to the FCC all along (such as the earth station fee, which explains why Directv's "annual" fee is more than the total of $0.36 per year that Dish charges) and charge their customers whenever Directv feels like it. This fee is usually pre-announced in the fine print at the bottom of the bill that nobody reads, about a month or two before Directv actually charges the fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)