Anyone know why E* Doesn't announce...?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
Free previews when their competitors DO!
This weekend, March 17-21. (Fri-Tues) Time/Warner,Cox,Comcast cable companies AND D* are having free HBO/Cinemax preview and HAVE announced it!
So why hasn't E* announced it? They have uplinked the numbered mirror preview channel numbers as if they are planning on having this preview. But they have NOT annouced this preview at all. NOT on their website, not in my email, not on the 10year anniversary Charlie Chat, not in any E* promo, not anywhere that I can find. What's the deal? E* seems to not get the idea of advertising these previews. Does anyone, know why? Are they afraid of customers not ordering if they know a preview is coming? Or is the ad department asleep?

Maybe they think it's more HBO's responsibility to advertise this preview than it is their own? Since the point of free previews is to increase the number of HBO subs among Dish Net customers, and not to increase overall Dish Network subs?

I'm sure Dish gets more money if more of their subs upgrade to HBO, but perhaps Dish's perspective is that they figure that music-on-hold and notices in the program guide constitute the total amount of effort they want to invest in this.

Also, Dish gets some commercial inventory, so maybe we'll see those ads as the weekend draws near.

Finally, maybe they figure that most people discover the free preview as they scan through their program guide and see the free channels; thus, spending money advertising this would be pointless.

They advertised HBO anyways on the chat, what would it cost them to say and oh btw this weekend we have a HBO free preview.

The entire point of the free previews is to get more subscribers, which in turn earns more for Dish Network and Echostar.

My entire problem with free previews is I subscribe to the Everything Package, so when everyone else gets FREE Previews I still pay full price for the same services. :D

Free HBO & Max? Time to load up the DVRs. No need to get the Everything pack now.

This is good. I plan to put all the good SD content on my 522 and all the good HDTV movies on my 942.

I should not have to sub to HBO file a while now as they seem to show there best movies during the previews to get poeple to subscribe.

Maybe this is why they dont advertise the preview . . . people like me.

Once again Sat Guys has saved me money (in HBO & Cinimax subscription fees for a little while anyway)- Thanks Sat Guys.

Last edited:
Not only do they not advertise any of their their promos, they don't even plug their new channel additions. The only way I find out is by logging on to Satellite Guys...

First of all you would think that they would promote free previews everywhere. Existing customers might want to add it to their package. Unfortunately I don't think the premium channels put their best foot forward. Some preview weekends don't even seem worth the trouble. I cancelled my HBO/Cinemax because at the time Cinemax should have been called "The Matrix" channel. It seemed that was the only series of movies they could show for months!

(hidden announcement)
Free Preview HBO/MAX on Ch. 285-298
Dont miss the Free Preview of HBO and CINEMAX March 17-March 21 on a special channel location, channels 285-298!

These channels won't appear until they are available.

retiredTech said:
(hidden announcement)
Free Preview HBO/MAX on Ch. 285-298
Dont miss the Free Preview of HBO and CINEMAX March 17-March 21 on a special channel location, channels 285-298!

These channels won't appear until they are available.
Will they be available on 110/119?

sounds like we won't be getting the hbo/free preview at all, i bet 110/119 will not be getting it either. so disappointed there are movies on there this weekend that i don't have on dvd or have not seen yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)