Anyone like any of the new shows so far?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
John Corn

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Personally i thought 2 and a half men was great on monday. definetly another great comedy for CBS .

'Las Vegas' was pretty good from what I saw. I like the style of the city. Kind of like "Ocean's Eleven"

G

I watched Joan of Arcadia last night and I liked it. I thought "Joan" did a good acting job. I think it has potential.

During commericals, I switched to Mismatch. I was not really impressed but I could give it another try. I think Alicia Silverstone still looks and acts closer to a teenager then an adult. I still can't place her in an adult role.

I knew going in that "The Mullets" was going to be stupid but I thought I would be able to get a few laughs out of it. I didn't. I also knew I could probably only take 1 or 2 episodes before I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't. Only saw a few minutes of it.

I still like Everwood even though it is not a new show. :D

TNGTony

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I liked "Las Vegas" quite a bit. I'll see how it pans out. The look and feel is just like the recent remake of "Ocean's Eleven". I thought many parts were very funny.

NCIS seems to be just another cop/CSI show even though in the premier there was a great line to try to dispell that connection.
"NCIS...is that like CSI"
"Only if you're dyslexic"
I kind of like it, but it's low priority.

I'll reserve judgement on "The Lyon's Den" until the story develops a little bit. But I wasn't terribly impressed with the pilot. Though being the dweeb trekkie, I will have a hard time differentiating Robert Picardo's character from "The Doctor" on Voyager/TNG "First Contact".

As to sit-coms....YUK! I made it through about 15 minutes of one of them and less than 5 minutes of three others before I erased them.

See ya
Tony

F

Filip

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 8, 2003
I liked Joan of Arcadia, Las Vegas, and 10-8. I have to see more of Lyons Den and the Handler. 10-8 surprised me the most I really enjoyed it and I had so little interest in it that I almost didn't record it. I like most of the the WB shows including the new one, One Tree Hill.

T

tom-008

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 7, 2003
my picks to click...Karen Sisco
10 - 8
Las Vegas
The Handler
We will see in about 4 months ..by then story lines will be pretty well established.

HarryD

HarryD

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 4, 2003
Lehigh Valley, PA
No not really. And I really don't like what ABC is doing with John Ritter. Let the guy RIP for cripe's stake.

sampatterson

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
I just happened onto "Las Vegas" last night, had never seen it or even heard of it. It turned out to be a pretty good show.

James

James

2004 NL MVP
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
The only one I like is Karen Sisco and I didn't even expect to care about that one. We watched it just to say we did and came away happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.