Anyone motoring with DVB World box?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
I did some searches but didn't see any cases of anyone using a motor with their DVB World (Nextorm) box. I want to get a motor because it was DANG cold the other night moving the dish to SBS6 (G17), but all I have is the DVB World and a Skystar 2 (don't want to do the motor surgery). If I can get the DVB world to move the disk, I can scan with the skystar.

Second question is I have 1 lnb, 1 cable to the PC, can I split the cable at the pc to the DVB World and the Skystar? One to pesudo-scan, the other to view.

I use the Pansat to move the P* and my GI analog box to move my BUD. Both my Ku and C-Band go into the Pansat via Disecq and I use IF-output to worldbox. In fact, one day, I tried to do a direct-connect to the p* with it parked on G-17/SBS-6 and I was not even able to tune ONN. I need to re-read the manual but they claim it will move a dish.

Also, did you see this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-pc-dvb-discussion/110211-so-i-bought-skystar-2-a.html

I read the manual again today and it talks as though it should move the dish, but I don't want to buy a motor if it won't. One day I will probably buy a receiver, but right now would rather have a motor.

I guess if I buy a motor and it doesn't work, that will be motivation to buy a receiver and sell the skystar....

heh ! - :eek:

Ain't it true? - :cool:

You can inhale more knowledge by visiting at SatGuy's, than you'll find in most FTA-related manuals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)