Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been trying most of the morning to order an iPhone 4 without success. I have been trying to get it through the Apple Store, but it always times out looking up my AT&T account information...

I have tried going through AT&T's website but in the upgrades they still only list the iPhone 3GS as their latest iPhone...

Grrr...

Anyone have success yet?

Nope. Not going to spend $300 on a phone that does little more than what my current phone does (after I install 4.0 on it)

I can see the first arrow has hit your back. ;)

I'm sure you'll report back your experience. I am especially interested in the screen display. I'm quite happy with the 3GS and would love to know if the "better" screen really makes a difference.

I tried several times, but the web site times out all the time. :(

I was able to reserve it for an in-store pick-up. Don't think it's a good idea though: the reservation is only valid for the 24th, but I don't want to spend hours camping outside the store! ;)

Would'nt order and Iphone if you paid me. There is no really big difference between 3GS to 4. Multitasking is still a huge joke(Apple still limiting what can and apps need to be rewritten). Do yourself a favor and get a Android Device.

If we wanted to get Android devices we would, but we don't. :)

Still no luck here...

On the AT&T site I still only see the iPhone 3GS as the only iPhone upgrade. My phone is eligible for an upgrade to the iPhone 4.

Would'nt order and Iphone if you paid me. There is no really big difference between 3GS to 4. Multitasking is still a huge joke(Apple still limiting what can and apps need to be rewritten). Do yourself a favor and get a Android Device.

Why do the droid dummies always try to hijack the iphone and ipad threads?

Was able to reserve one today in person at the apple store for pick-up.
(Park City Mall Lancaster, Pa)

What is the difference, besides camera and resolution, between a 3Gs with 4.0 and a 4G with 4.0? Is it worth an extra $300?

It is really annoying that these companies still can't figure out how to deal with heavy demand like this. Whenever a big new product is released the servers get crushed and crap out.

I'll stay with the reliable 3. Need to wait to see if a jailbreak and mywi will be possible. I'm not paying $25 for 2 GB + $30 to tether and $10 for each additional gig.

What is the difference, besides camera and resolution, between a 3Gs with 4.0 and a 4G with 4.0? Is it worth an extra $300?
Just looked it up. Basically, very little difference, and definitely not worth paying $300 to upgrade.

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 3GS Comparison | Cell Phones News

1. New video chat camera (yay!)
  2. Main camera with a bigger lens compared to the iPhone 3GS. As always, we can expect that Apple improve the megapixel
  3. Flash feature in the camera of the Apple iPhone 4 (or HD)
  4. Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
  5. Higher resolution than the iPhone 3GS, with a bit smaller display than the iPhone 3GS
  6. There’s something that looks to be secondary mic for noise cancellation at the top
  7. Metallic buttons (Power, mute, and volume)
  8. Split buttons for volume
iphone-4g-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg
iPhone 4G vs iPhone 3GS Comparison @ gadgetwidgets.com

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 3GS: Changes in design and components

• Unlike the iPhone 3GS, the back of iPhone 4 is entirely flat. It is made with some glass, creamic or shini plastic, but obviously better looking than the previous iphones.
  • Apple shrunk internal components to make room for larger battery
  • Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
  • Slightly smaller screen (with higher resolution) than the 3GS
  • An aluminum border going completely around the outside
  • iPhone 4 has squared-look, compared to the iPhone 3GS
  • iPhone 4 is a bit heavier, it’s 3 grams heavier than the 3GS
  • the iPhone 4 has a larger battery, it’s 16% larger, to be exact

Keep in mind that the above comparison was posted before the phone was announced and the specs were published! ;)
It doesn't mention things like HD video recording, 3-axis gyro, FaceTime video-calling, 960x640 screen resolution, 802.11n, etc.

Not here yet...

I did get as far as being shown I was eligible for an upgrade to the iPhone 4, but Clicking Next got me a message that my connection timed out due to inactivity. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)