anyone remember the website used to add ota channels to the database for the hr20-ser

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diat150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Louisiana
ies receivers? I remember a website that was used to assist directv with adding ota subchannels and new channels that recently transitioned to digital. thanks. also, has directv ever added a new ota channel to your database?

I think he means for the OTA database. I too just got a new ABC sub channel and DirecTV can't find it yet when doing the OTA initial setup. I called DirecTV and they said they would forward it to the appropriate area. I just want to be able to pick up the sub channel OTA.

DirecTV does not retransmit OTA sub-channels.

Wha database are you talking about?

im talking about for ota channels. I remember going to a website that was setup to report local channels that may have upgraded to digital, added subchannels, and other issues that related to the ota portion of the hr20 series receiver. you put in the callsign, city, frequency, and such for the station on the website.

it was a collection thing on earl's CE site, but it is long gone. It wasn't effective. I put in several that didn't happen, then showed several months later.

Some have said it is based on guide data and asking the station to make sure they report the sub stations to Tribune may help.

I'm not sure about that one, but it can't hurt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts