Anyone see this before??

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
Turned on the old 622 yesterday to catch a movie, was greeted with the message "corrupt hard drive, press to delete all recordings"

Rebooted two or three times and could get nothing, then did a hard reboot and got a picture and the failed hard drive message. I could watch live but no PVR and the only audio came through the optical.

Called dish and went through the usual song and dance, then was put on hold for about 10 minutes until a "real" tech person answered. They said the HD had failed and they would send another 622 on out.

Turned it on this morning and everything seems to be working fine and dandy!!

WTF????

Turned on the old 622 yesterday to catch a movie, was greeted with the message "corrupt hard drive, press to delete all recordings"

Rebooted two or three times and could get nothing, then did a hard reboot and got a picture and the failed hard drive message. I could watch live but no PVR and the only audio came through the optical.

Called dish and went through the usual song and dance, then was put on hold for about 10 minutes until a "real" tech person answered. They said the HD had failed and they would send another 622 on out.

Turned it on this morning and everything seems to be working fine and dandy!!

WTF????

You probably do have corruption on the disk or its near failure. I know it sounds bad, but after it repeated this a bit you should have let it reformat. It might not even reformat the whole drive, I have had it reformat the On-Demand partition.

Somewhere on this site are instructions for how to force drive tests and reformats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)