Anyone seeing issues with Home Media hanging?

bellevuecoug

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Earth
Might just be my setup, but lately when trying to play h.264 (or MPEG-4 AVC) HWS just 'hangs' ~ dots in lower right hand corner cycle and cycle cycle - I ask this because since the update the first week of December, the media player had been much improved.

Anyone else wanna try it out for me? Running PS3 media server from Windows 7 box and, as I mention, had been going great until the last few days.

Anyone have another media server platform that may work better with HWS as opposed to the PS3 application?

I use Plex Media Server and yesterday, in fact, had some trouble. I noticed the 3-4 dots in the lower-right corner and it seemed to take a little longer than usual but it eventually played and I didn't think much more of it. Then, while playing a movie, it hiccuped a number of times, which is pretty unusual based on past experience. Then, it later just hung up completely.

I'm guessing, based on your experience and mine, that they changed something with the Home Media interface. For both of us to start having issues just in the last week is pretty telling - especially since it had been working so well.

What, why and how things were changed is anybody's guess. Is there a way to get feedback to Dish on this, I wonder?

Huh. Mine has done that every time I've tried it since the beginning. I haven't tried it lately though, because I didn't expect them to ever fix it. Sounds like there's no point in trying it again now...

All I know is pushing pretty much always works flawlessly. Gave up on pulling via Dish's crappy interface long ago. As already stated, doen't sound like much has changed there.

Can you push MKV\MP4 to the Hopper like a Tivo? Sorry just signed up for Dish and just now finding out it has some limited MP4\MKV playback.

DISH at CES

Dish America MSNBC SD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)