Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got my invitation in the mail from DISH for their 2015 CES Press Event.

This years title for their event is "THE HIGHER DEFINITION OF EASY" in 2014 its title was "GIVE YOUR HOME SUPER POWER" which gave us the Super Joey, Wireless Joey and Joey apps on LG and Playstation products. In 2013 the event was was "HOW DO WE TOP THE HOPPER" (The answer was the Hopper with Sling)

So what do you think the HIGHER DEFINITION OF EASY is?

Of course SatelliteGuys will be there, this year the SatelliteGuys CES Team will be made up of Dfergie, WallyHTS, Foxbat, Scooters.

So what do you think "THE HIGHER DEFINITION OF EASY" means?

Wouldn't it be really great if DISH announced that the Hopper with sling could do 4k all along and it would only take a software download to create the slot for it in the HD menu: 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p/ and 4k? And then announce some 4k content or pay per views as well that will become available on DISH . Then the hopper would be all set for the newest video output. :bigok

I would guess HD around the house on any device.

I hope it's something with 4K but I doubt it. :)

3D is still alive, 4K isn't going anywhere but up ...
I agree 3- D is still here ,but it never got wide audience acceptance that they hoped it would. 4k is the big industry push right now, but whether it becomes widely accepted also remains to be seen. Mostly due to too little content in 4k and too high prices on 4k tvs. In my opinion it isn't enough of a difference in video quality for the average human eye to see in most homes, on the tv sizes they will use. Anything under like 60 inches isn't going to see a difference,unless they sit really close. But time will tell, if it will succeed in being widely accepted , where 3-D failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)