DISH at CES

Sure makes you think it will have to do with 4k. Maybe they will allow the ability to stream 4k programming on the Hopper.

it could be something to do with more HD channels or 4k? trying to catch up with directv on their hd lineup very good question to ask?we could always use more hd channels it would be greatly and i mean greatly appreciated :)

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice to be able to flip over the remote and have a little keyboard?........
They have been "developing" that remote for as long as I have had any association with dish. 4+ years now? They even had a beta product when I first got interested in Dish, that for some unknown reason never released. I would love for a harmony styled remote, that had a digital keyboard, similar to that of a phone.

Reactions: navychop
They have been "developing" that remote for as long as I have had any association with dish. 4+ years now? They even had a beta product when I first got interested in Dish, that for some unknown reason never released. I would love for a harmony styled remote, that had a digital keyboard, similar to that of a phone.

I saw that remote at Team Summit about 4-5 years ago and it was pretty awesome. They also had the ability to flag parts of a recording so you could just skip to them faster. A couple years ago they showed a feature where you could do a 1.5x playback so you could watch a show in a shorter period of time without even realizing it was going faster. I thought it was neat for when you want to watch a show while you are on break or only have a little bit of time.

Reactions: ChadT41
It wouldn't be 4k satellite transmission. It would have to be a 4k streaming service for the time being.
I've read that Direct just launched a satellite that would expand their HD capacity and have the capacity to deliver 4k content. That said, I don't think 4k will go the way of 3D because the price difference between HD and 4k TV's continues to shrink which will in turn provide the motivation for increased 4k content.

3D is still alive,

I look at 3D like LaserDisc. Stuck around for years, had a big impact with better resolution than video tape, widescreen formats and Dolby 5.1, but really wasn't important to the vast majority of consumers. Did anyone actually make money on it after it was all said and done (I mean overall and not in any particular year)?

4K isn't going anywhere but up ...

I totally agree on that.

I've read that Direct just launched a satellite that would expand their HD capacity and have the capacity to deliver 4k content. That said, I don't think 4k will go the way of 3D because the price difference between HD and 4k TV's continues to shrink which will in turn provide the motivation for increased 4k content.

read that as well...........Dish will have to do something to keep pace

As it stands, if what I read was correct, DTV is not even offering the 4K through their boxes currently. It is currently offered through the Sony TVs Client side of the Genie. Similar to the VJ. Except VJ doesn't offer 4K yet.

Ahh. I was reading a post from Scott in the DTV forum about the 4K. But that was within a week before its release, up until about 2 days after its release. So it may not be the same anymore.

I'll check it out on the computer sometime tonight. The phone doesn't show me post counts or signatures. Thank you though, I was interested when I saw the first mentions of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts