anyone seen anything like this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
so about a week or so ago I got a hr54-700 replacement for a dead 54. tonight it starts showing glitches and artifacts all over the screen of the mini I was watching. so I did a RBR and it got really bad..... I attached 2 pictures of what is currently happening.... multiple RBR's and power disconnects result in the same thing. one pic is a screenshot from the boot up video I took in order to show the tech and the other is the result after it booted up. after it boots or whatever it does it goes back to reboot cycle over and over. I guess im gonna get a 2nd genie replacement …. on hold with directv as I type. experiencing higher than normal wait times..... ughhhhhhh

thumbnail_IMG_0661.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0662.jpg

What are your signal strength numbers? Are all the cables tight? What if you connect the tv directly to the HR54?

im not able to get into settings to test anything.... prior to this happening my signals were always at or near 100 on most. I also tried a new hdmi cable without luck. I guess it may be a bad chipset. they are sending out a new box via fedex. should get it Friday.....hopefully. on the pic with cnn showing, the picture isn't stable at all. the entire pic is bouncing side to side rapidly until the box reboots in its reboot loop.

im not able to get into settings to test anything.... prior to this happening my signals were always at or near 100 on most. I also tried a new hdmi cable without luck. I guess it may be a bad chipset. they are sending out a new box via fedex. should get it Friday.....hopefully. on the pic with cnn showing, the picture isn't stable at all. the entire pic is bouncing side to side rapidly until the box reboots in its reboot loop.
If you can't even access the settings menu then you definitely need a new box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts