Anyone try the Omegasat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ironsides

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
North Carolina
I was checking out Ebay and ran across the Omegasat receivers and a couple of others. I checked the reviews and didn't see one on Omegasat and I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with this receiver? I am looking for a back up receiver to add to my collection of junk. Something I can afford and have some neat features. I have it down to 4 different receivers...I had thought about the Neusat but I just read the review on that, have no idea where to get the file they are talking about to fix the problems.

1. Neusat 9000HD
2. Omegasat DSB 5700
3. Coolsat 7000
4 Supersat 6000

Don't know anything about them but seen a advertisement on galaxy 19 selling them new for 69.99 in a language i didn't understand if that helps any with price on E-bay

Ironside,

We are actually the distributor for Omegasat satellite receivers in North & South America.

The Omegasat is made in Korea and it's a very good set top box. We have had maybe one or two returns that were due to actual failures. The Omegasat has all your standard features, but the only thing it's lacks is the AC3 Audio. Other than that, it gets a :up from me.

We used to distribute the Traxis line and the Fortec line for many years. The Fortec line was obviously much better units than the Traxis line. The failure rate was much lower than the Traxis so we dropped the Traxis line all together and once Fortec stopped manufacturing STBs, we started distributing the Omegasat and so far, the failure rate of the Omegasat is lower than the Traxis & Fortec Star receivers combined.

Just some info on the receivers.....

That's good to know!

Thanks for the reply and it's good to know about the Omegasat. I really was just looking for a Backup in case of failure and wasn't looking to spend a lot on a receiver. This one fits my price range and pretty much does everything I would like and I don't care about the AC3 audio, I don't have anything to hook that to anyway. More than likely when I get a receiver I will just get it out of the box and test it, make sure it works and back into the box. Unless of course it has better video or audio than what I currently use.

It's also good to know you supply the Omegasat and when I get ready to purchase I will purchase directly from you. After our last conversation I decided then if I needed any sat supplies, I would contact you.

By the way I am very pleased with the DMX 741 it has so far worked very well considering I have not tweaked the signal quality as I should have. I am getting on average 79s to 80s on C-Band now and 75's to 69's on Ku. I do think it could be better with some very careful tweaks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts