Anyone under contract have any luck canceling service?

Man, would you stop going to a grocery store if they ran out of your brand of Peanut butter for a week? Even if all you ate was peanut butter sandwiches?

I have to stick it out until Sept. But I'll tell you, it is good to have choices. When the time comes I will look into all the options available to me. Interestingly enough, I was watching DiscoveryHD, and a VOOM commercial appeared. That's the first time I have seen anything TV ad related to VOOM. I guess they want to cash in on this Viacom/Dish debacle too!
Bubba04

bcshields said:
Man, would you stop going to a grocery store if they ran out of your brand of Peanut butter for a week? Even if all you ate was peanut butter sandwiches?

Bad analogy. If I had signed a contract with the grocery store for buying that peanut butter from them for a year and they ran out of stock and forced me to go without the goods for a few weeks, then they are in violation of the contract.

Not saying that Dish should consider the contracts null and void[1], just that this is a bad analogy.

In fact they should make up to their customers somehow, in good faith.

---
[1] I am sure they have terms in the contract that say they are free to change programming or prices at their sole discretion etc.

bcshields said:

Umm yeah...Why settle for crappy peanut butter, when i can go down the street to the other store and get the peanut butter i want. And where does it say that they will only be out for a week?

bcshields said:

But the store didn't decide to stop stocking your brand, it just ran out. Dish has decided to stop stocking his brand of peanut butter, they made a conscious decision to stop providing something he wanted.

The contract says something to the effect of "channel lineup may change without notice" so I don't think cancelling on those grounds will stand up. On the other hand, Charlie might start getting generous if this is dragged out more than a month or so. He may start waiving early termination fees or, more likely, give free service credits to those under contract who complain loudly enough.

I don't eat the peanut butter anyway, so I don't care :p

My point was this is day 2... if 3 weeks goes by, then yeah, cancell away. I'll understand, but to try to cancell because you missed ONE day of programming? What is the satellite was hit by a meteor, which knocked it off alignment for a week, and you had no programming on 110... would you cancel then?

bcshields said:
I don't eat the peanut butter anyway, so I don't care :p

My point was this is day 2... if 3 weeks goes by, then yeah, cancell away. I'll understand, but to try to cancell because you missed ONE day of programming? What is the satellite was hit by a meteor, which knocked it off alignment for a week, and you had no programming on 110... would you cancel then?

I would certainly expect some compensation for the lost programming, more than $1/month. (Of course, if a meteor hit a bird, it would be out permanently, not for a week.)

GaryPen said:
Are you crazy? Voom sucks! DirecTV sucks! Cable sucks! Dish is the only true provider! Praise the CEO!

Now...Drink the Kool-Aid!!!!

That's funny! Maybe a few will pick up on the Jim Jones take.

If one grocery store ran out of a certain brand of peanut butter you can go to the other store for just that one week you was going to the grocery store to get it and see if the one you usually get the peanut butter from has it next week. You cannot get the Viacom channels somewhere else while keeping your current service unless you have two providers paying the entire bill (unless you have C-Band).

GaryPen said:
Are you crazy? Voom sucks! DirecTV sucks! Cable sucks! Dish is the only true provider! Praise the CEO!

Now...Drink the Kool-Aid!!!!

It was Flavor-Aid, not Kool-Aid.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)