Anyone understand Directv bills?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
This is probadly a dumb question, but hey I am new!
I got an HBO deal last month (6 months $2 per month). I just looked at my new bill online and sure enough there was a $10 HBO credit, but...there was also an $8.40 HBO Partial Month Charge. I don't understand this..?

Tonedeaf said:
Apparently you added HBO somewhere in between your billing period.

Ok I get that but how do they come up with the $8.40 number?

NVBlue said:
Days since you got it div. by days in billing period?

I understand that..but how does $2.00 per month turn into $8.40 for a Partial Month?

The $8.40 is probably before your $10.00 credit. If you had gotten a whole month, it would have been $12.00 before the $10 credit, making it $2.00.

ChrisPC said:
The $8.40 is probably before your $10.00 credit. If you had gotten a whole month, it would have been $12.00 before the $10 credit, making it $2.00.

So actually the $2.00 HBO "deal" didn't start until the next billing cycle..kind of misleading...

Willis said:
So actually the $2.00 HBO "deal" didn't start until the next billing cycle..kind of misleading...

Not at all. If I understand you were charged $1.60 for the month instead of $2.00 because it was a partial month. Nothing wrong here.

Oh and ..... "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"

f10.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If you have any questions on your first bill, I would call D*. My first bill came and I was shocked at how high it was. Looking through it, it's because I wasn't given credits that I was promised. Calling CSR got them to give those credits and even told me I was supposed to get a $100 mail-in rebate that I wasn't told about initially. Works for me.

You added HBO 21 days before your new billing cycle (D* bases all thier prorated charges on a 30 day cycle despite the actual number of days in the month.) As far as the $2 a month for HBO, the first month you get the prorated charges, and the full month. You only receive one $10 credit each month for 6 months, meaining that with the prorated charges, you pay for one month and 21 days, but will only receive one $10 credit. To balance this, you can cancel your HBO exactly 6 months from the day you had it added, and that bill you will have been charged the full $12, and received a $10 credit. Then when you cancel it after the 6 months is over, you will get an $8.40 credit towards that bill.

I have received numerous credits from DTV and just about every time I have to call each month to have them post the credit. It gets a little annoying after awhile.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)