Anyone unhappy with Absolute HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
I normally don't invite complaints - but in this case I'm guessing there won't be very many. We have a :up +21 count (as of now) on another thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/169103-hd-absolute-how-long.html) for happy Absolute HD customers. And it's obvious that there is some grey area on what to expect in the future. But are you unhappy (or even happy) about the actual programming you get for the price?

So what do you say...?

I'm quite interested to see if additional HD programming is added to the package as it is added to other packages - but that doesn't make me unhappy with what I have.

We've been quite happy. The only channel we missed was Comedy Central and now that we get it (even in SD), there is little to persuade us to change to Turbo or another package.

When I look at the price I would have to pay to get the same HD channels on any other plan, I'm tickled with HD Absolute.

Fine here

I normally don't invite complaints - but in this case I'm guessing there won't be very many. We have a :up +21 count (as of now) on another thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/169103-hd-absolute-how-long.html) for happy Absolute HD customers. And it's obvious that there is some grey area on what to expect in the future. But are you unhappy (or even happy) about the actual programming you get for the price?

So what do you say...?

I'm quite interested to see if additional HD programming is added to the package as it is added to other packages - but that doesn't make me unhappy with what I have.

Till they add a Sh** load more that I can't get staying put.

Hell no... I got a 722 with rebates from dish and Dishstore.net. Awesome value. No one can touch the price and no one has 722 features. I have TV1 and TV2 tied into 4 other TVs so everyone can watch whatever they want plus they have about 20 cable channels to pick out of.

I'd like to have my RSN's but not about to pay $30 more per month for those and the Viacom channels....... I'll stick with Absolute for now :)

The only obvious downside I see with HD Absolute is the lack of regional sports network channels. Not a big deal to me since I hardly watched Fox Sports Southwest when I had the AT200 SD package. About the only time I watched Fox Sports SW was when the channel was carrying an Oklahoma Sooners football game and I wasn't watching it at a sports bar or at some other get-together. Pretty rare occurrence really.

Simply put, RSNs alone are nowhere near enough to get me to change to a TurboHD package.

What would be enough for me to switch? If the TurboHD packages had at least couple dozen or more HD channels than HD Absolute -even at the Bronze and Silver levels.

Based on what we've seen from E* in recent months it appears that it will be a long time before they add 20-30 additional HD channels to the Turbo packages and exclude them from HD Absolute. E* can't even get Fox News HD and Fox Business HD added to the Turbo packages. I would be really pissed if I was a TurboHD customer. The Turbo customers are hardly getting any more channels than us HD Absoluters, yet they're paying quite a bit more. Pretty unfair situation for them. The situation needs to be corrected by a lot of new HD channels being added.

The way I see it HD Absolute is the best bargain available in the pay TV industry. I laughed at what our local cable company is charging for a mere dozen HD channels on top of their ridiculous fees for SD service. It's no wonder why I see so many E* branded satellite dishes on rooftops around here.

No RSN's but there are 6 MLB games in my guide on Monday afternoon/evening, all HD.

Too many to watch - so much HD so little time.

So Happy. I signed up the week before TurboHD kicked in. no amount of marketing was able to make me think turboHD would be better, and I was right. almost 8 months later, and I'm not missing anything aside from the higher prices e* sees fit to charge newer customers.

When they force me to change. I will oblige and change providers. There is not a better deal out there than absolute. I am completely happy with this package. The only thing I would add if I could would be music.

Hell no... I got a 722 with rebates from dish and Dishstore.net. Awesome value. No one can touch the price and no one has 722 features. I have TV1 and TV2 tied into 4 other TVs so everyone can watch whatever they want plus they have about 20 cable channels to pick out of.
Yeah - I didn't have to pay anything upfront to get started - that's why I committed to it at the time. I found out about HD Absolute from their dish-builder on dishnetwork.com.

Do you have the other TV's all showing the same signal? And do you have a separate cable feed/subscription for those TV's (like dish set on channel 60 and the cable on the other analog channels)?

I never saw it advertised and no one told me about it. Anyone else stumble upon it?

I live in Idaho - so no need for RSN's here. There are no teams nearby. One more reason to stay-put.

The way I see it HD Absolute is the best bargain available in the pay TV industry. I laughed at what our local cable company is charging for a mere dozen HD channels on top of their ridiculous fees for SD service. It's no wonder why I see so many E* branded satellite dishes on rooftops around here.
I checked D* prices for something comparable and I'd be paying 2 times to get the same channels. That would almost $500/year wasted.

And yet I see mostly D* dishes around. Methinks they are on the rooftops, but not being used.

I am happy, was on AEP at $160 a month, killed a few recievers, now at like $58 a month. Spouse required Lifetime and LMN, get locals in HD, everyone is happy !

Yeah - I didn't have to pay anything upfront to get started - that's why I committed to it at the time. I found out about HD Absolute from their dish-builder on dishnetwork.com.

Do you have the other TV's all showing the same signal? And do you have a separate cable feed/subscription for those TV's (like dish set on channel 60 and the cable on the other analog channels)?

I never saw it advertised and no one told me about it. Anyone else stumble upon it?

I have 6 drops of cable TV service plus one for cable modem. Here's what I did. Since there's no QAM HD channels in the 75-80 range that are not encrypted I picked up a 75-80 trap. I put TV 1 on 76 and TV 2 on 79 in the modulator settings on the 722. I feed the modulator signal into the attic. I also have another RG-6 going into the attic for the UHF remote antenna so I don't have issues with the remote in the entire house.

Cable TV comes in... splits to a two-way.
One run goes to the cable modem.
The next leg goes into the 75-80 trap.
Goes into a splitter turned backwards. One leg gets the cable TV service and the other gets the feed from 722.
Once the signal is combined it goes into a amp.
From the amp it hits a two way splitter then each two way gets a 3 way splitter.

Every TV gets the cable TV service and can also watch TV1 and TV2 from the 722 on channel 76 and 79. Works great and everything looks great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)