Anyone use the logitech harmony remotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked great on my dish vip 622 and 211. also works great on my HRxx from directv. it even controls the lights. excellent remote. 670 and 880 models here.

Harmony One, that's full. Can't take any more devices. Works on everything, even a Monoprice HDMI switch.

rey, what do you use to control the lights? X10?

Can't remember the model number and I am out of the counrty so I can't check. It works flawlessly with a ViP622, Yamaha surround system, Panasonic plasma, and a Toshiba DVD player. Cannot go wrong with one.

I have a 688 I think and it works great.

I did before my pup ate it.... :mad: :rant: :D

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Last edited:
They are great remotes. My only word of caution would be to actually see and hold one before simply ordering it. Make sure it is comfortable for you and make sure that you eill like the layout of buttons etc. you can make any button perform any command but some are dissatisfied with some models because the labeled keys are not convenient for them or because they don't like using some of the on screen command.

Overall they are great. the Harmony One seems the most convenient of the lot but everyone has different tastes.

I have two 880 remotes, both used with ViP722 HD DVRs, with other equipment. Only remotes I need to control everything (except PS3).

HD MM - Are you saying it no longer works?! ;)

Here's the adapter I use with my Harmony One for the PS3. A lot cheaper!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Blu-Wave-Remote-Playstation-3/dp/B000R5H7KE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274373856&sr=8-5"]Amazon.com: PS3 Blu Wave Remote: Video Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41elmDEIfnL.@@AMEPARAM@@41elmDEIfnL[/ame]

I use a 520 remote, controls my HR-22, DTivo, TV, Blu-ray, Receiver, Xbox and a component multiswitch. Haven't tried the Wii yet.

Since I got the OPPO and moved the PS3, I rarely use it anymore. So I'll just live with using two remotes on the occasion.

Love it. Fast. And most of all, it plays every optical media I throw at it. I have both SACD and DVD-A and wanted a quality player that handled both, as well as DVD & BD.

PS3 went into the bedroom, where we rarely watch movies. And I'm not a gamer; don't own a single game.

They are great remotes. My only word of caution would be to actually see and hold one before simply ordering it. Make sure it is comfortable for you and make sure that you eill like the layout of buttons etc. you can make any button perform any command but some are dissatisfied with some models because the labeled keys are not convenient for them or because they don't like using some of the on screen command.

Overall they are great. the Harmony One seems the most convenient of the lot but everyone has different tastes.
This is my advice too. A buddy has an older one he bought 5 or 6 years ago. At first I thought I wanted one too. After he got his I tried it out and while he loves it I for some reason just couldn't get used to it and having to do something on screen. I don't know why, but it just didn't fit me. I ended up glad I didn't order one, especially considering the price. He loves his though and most people seem to love theirs so I must just be the oddball. His does work great though and controls everything he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts