Anyone Using DirecTV with MS Media Center 2005???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarthZug

Jan 13, 2005
I'm getting DirecTV soon. My question is anyone using the DirecTV D10 or R10 Receivers with MS Media Center 2005? I want to know if I will be able to control the receiver via the Media Center software.

I have built my own Media Center 2005 computer and I purchase the Microsoft remote from newegg.com. The Microsoft remote comes with an IR repeater that I would think you could use with the DirecTV receiver. I haven't tried configuring the on screen guide for DirecTV's channels but if the option is there it should work.

Chris

I am using Windows Media Center with my DTV Hughes SD-HBH receiver. In the 5-6 months that I've been using it, I've only had one occasion where the IR trasmitter did not successfully change the channel. After it happened, I simply went into the Media Center application and reconfigured the program to transmit slower. Since then, I haven't had any trouble and I've recorded well over 600 programs.

Darth, I don't know if your question is for me because your last posting appears to be a bit fragmented. What is your followup question?

Rob.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)