Anyone using SIRI?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
The moment I discovered that Siri conflicted with my voice dialing on my iPhone 5, I disabled it. I've never used it at all.

Does Siri have it's own voice dialing? Can it look up numbers and then offer to dial them?

Can you dictate posts in SatGuys? How would you correct autocorrect or other spelling errors?

Is it really useful in any way?

It certainly is not a "can't live without" service. you can get directions to a restaurant or whatever that meets certain criteria and that is mildly useful when you are out of town. Having said that there are other ways to get the same information.

If you are n apple fanboy you will love it. Persoanlly I think that google Now is is probably the more useful of the two but the apple lovers consider that blasphemous.

Attachments

• image-916136266.png
    image-916136266.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 163
Is it really useful in any way?
Useful is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Some people can't use SIRI because it can't figure out their voice.

I'm still astonished that people use phones to do this stuff as I find it a lot more trouble than it is worth (especially Apple's utterly miserable auto-correct).

I only use Siri while driving. The voice dial button on the bluetooth microphone in my car brings up Siri. I use it for hands free voice dialing or to initiate GPS driving directions. I don't bother using it for dictation for texts or really anything else.

It is better than standard voice dialing though. Say you are driving home and want to order a pizza on the way. Siri will look up the phone number with yelp for you and initiate the call. Standard voice dialing can only call numbers in your contacts list but Siri will look for businesses online if you don't have the number saved.

Can't find anything. I'm on Forum Runner 1.6.2. My screen looks like Scot posted, but I have "123" right next to the space bar. What gives?

And I am not and never have been jailbroken. Recycled power. No difference. And I only have one keyboard ("1" English). Now I wonder what it looks like on the iPad 3 my wife has at work.

I'll try turning on Siri and see if it makes a difference.

Nope, turning on Siri didn't make a difference.

Can Siri work thru a BT earbud?

WT "heck"?

With Siri on, and touching my earbud, I got no response from Siri but now have the mic icon!

Yes Siri works through bluetooth fine. Thats how I use it in the car. :)

Do you hold the earbud button in until the long tone ends and two double beeps happen, like I normally voice dial? Or one quick press or something else?

Playing with it. Now seems to require I press the screen to get a reaction. Can't believe that is required- not while driving. I guess I'll have to do some research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)