Anyone who are nascar fans and can help me with setting my DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
Minnesota
I have always had problems with the setting of my dvr to record all the new nascar races. When I select "new Episodes" I get all pratices and qualifiing etc. I really only want to get the races both Sprint and nationwide.

I have tried different ways od setting my recording but seems that I still get the practices and qualifing and sometime those get in the way of something else I want to record.

If there are any hard core nascar fans who has figured out how to set my 722 DVR so that I only get the races I would appreciate your help

I tried this last year and because of the way the guide data is listed it is almost impossible. I finally gave up and just set 1 time timers each week for the events that I wanted. If you find a way I'd like to know as well, but it wasn't worth me filling up my drive with everything Nascar just to get to the two things I wanted (the two actual races).

I tried this last year and because of the way the guide data is listed it is almost impossible. I finally gave up and just set 1 time timers each week for the events that I wanted. If you find a way I'd like to know as well, but it wasn't worth me filling up my drive with everything Nascar just to get to the two things I wanted (the two actual races).

Thats exactly what I do.

For SPEED, I select each event manually or delete unwanted events once recorded. I would rather record too much than not enough. For the other channels, New Episodes works better as they don't have as many events. I just delete any trash or repeats.

The best way to handle unclear programing data is to set the events like you normally would, I .e. record new events. Then go to the DVR schedule and browse through it to find the things it tagged that you don't want. Then mark those to be skipped.

Do that during the commercials for the races you watch to skip the next weeks junk. That way, if you make a mistake, you still get your stuff and maybe some extra stuff you can delete. That's better than not recording something you wanted.

I check the NASCAR website and set for each race according to the schedule using 'Once' as the recoding frequency. This also makes sure I am recording on the channel the live race is on and not the practices or qualifying as well as their repeats.

the good thing this year is its set times so if you manually schedule the programs its the same time :)

1:00 for day races
3:00 for west coast races
7:30 for night races

the good thing this year is its set times so if you manually schedule the programs its the same time :)

1:00 for day races
3:00 for west coast races
7:30 for night races

Yes, and no. You still have to keep up with which category the current race falls into.

I understand that. What I'm saying is that unlike in previous years where races started at anytime between noon and 3 on the east coast depending on the track and who was broadcasting it since each broadcaster had a different amount of prerace.

So it may say it starts at noon and runs til 5 in the guide but when TNT did 2 hours of prerace the 5 hour window may not be enough :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)