Anyone willing to donate a 4dtv for r&d?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lonewolf454

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Georgia, US
I am looking for volunteer(s) to donate an unused 4dtv unit, preferably dsr922. We are at testing stage but we need (at least one) unit to run tests on. We could also possibly run similar tests on dsr920 models as well.

It is impossible at this point to tell if tests will be a success, but if they do prove to be successful it would be beneficial to our entire 4dtv community.

I will pay any shipping charges, reimbursed via your PayPal account. Contact me for more info.

When Lonewolf talks about 4DTV R&D he is speaking about the ongoing efforts of some to get 4Play and possibly other things done for our 4DTV's so we can load our own maps etc. I am trying to put together a group to work on it. We are looking for electrical engineers and programmers that can participate in the project. If you interested contact TvroPro here: 4DTV Online... Contact Us

Contact Lonewolf if you have a 4D to donate via PM at sat-guys.

Dude on satforums cloned the maps from one 4d to another with a usb to bdm plug (and proper software). Not sure what language the maps are written in but if someone knows they should be able to modify the file.

@lonewolf454 and whoever else it concerns
Was in the chatroom the other day and mentioned this to USBBDM. He is more than willing to get this going, or at least try. He wanted to do it while we were chatting, but I dont have a 4dtv unit (nor did I know about it or cband until summer '09). My homemade BDM programmer is not supported by his software and my only digicipher unit is dte-7100. :-(

Also there is a thread in that forum that has some interesting things going on to say the least concerning the XC chip. It had stopped recently but the OP did some "observation" YouTube - XC78066-9 WAFFER MICROSCOPE VIDEO

OP also believes this may be the patent Configurable Encryption/Decryption for Multiple Services Support - Patent application

nuff BS, here is the reason for my post. The OP mentions that besides the flash memory, there are two SRAM chips which are backed up by the battery just like the XC chip. This could be a potential place for the extra maps. The CS1/2 pins on MC68331 are tied to the SRAM.

c/p:
-------------------MEMORY--1------------------------MEMORY---2--------
68331-----READ-ISOLATION-STATE-WRITE--READ-ISOLATION STATE-WRITE
CS2LOW-----0--------0------------0--------------------------------------
CS1LOW---------------------------------------0-----------0------------0
R/WW=0-----1---------1------------0----------1-----------1------------0
PE5/DSDS=0-0---------1------------X----------0-----------1------------1

Thought I would have a cheap 4dtv unit to play with from fleabay by now, but H2H changed that.

Good Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)