Anyone with a BD35/55

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
When I got my tv back from the shop, I noticed whites were being clipped on the DVE BR after I decided to run it and see if the shop had reset my ISF calibration.

I cranked contrast down and that fixed it. Gregg Loewen was out tonight and reset everything to Cinema default (contrast of 100) and I told him about the issue. What he found is that whites were fine with a signal generator hooked right up to the HDMI, but then he found they were clipped by the BD35. He said he has seen this on the panny's, sonys and pioneers.

He had to set the BD35 picture menu in "user" mode and turn the contrast down to -2 to fix the clipping. I'd recommend everyone check the DVE screen for the black to white bars and see if the final two white bars have no line between and appear as one.

Thanks again Gregg.

I did some more tinkering and found that modes like user and normal clip white, while cinema and fine do not. It also appears some are worse on blacks than others. Since Gregg calibrated the HDMI 1 on my tv with a signal generator, I opted not to mess with tv settings and to use the DVE BR to tweak the user menu in the BD35. I settled on "user", contrast -2, and brightness of +5 (was way low).

Learned something new that I need to check from now on, any new video players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)