Anyone with a Motorola DCT6412???

truqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Miramar, FL
Hi all:
I just got this installed yesterday which was a surprise to me because Adelphia "didn't have a DVR available in my area yet"...

But the installer came out with this box and was surprised that the DVR was working...!!! Good right?

Well last night I tried a few things and I was not able to use the dual tuner...
Yes it records fine and in HD very, very well but the issue is I can' t record one channel while watching or recording another, which it's supposed to do having dual tuners...???

Anyone here using this DVR and working fine? Please help....

I actually jst got my 6412 on saturday I schedule the record and watched another show at the same time. Try to schedule the program via the menu so select it and then the light should come on in the box once it starts recording. You should be able to watch another program while it records. That should work otherwise call the tech number for help.

akoscak said:
I actually jst got my 6412 on saturday I schedule the record and watched another show at the same time. Try to schedule the program via the menu so select it and then the light should come on in the box once it starts recording. You should be able to watch another program while it records. That should work otherwise call the tech number for help.

Unfortunately my area does not have the dual tuner in service yet. Yeah they gave me the box but it does not have the software/firmware needed to enable the second tuner. Once Adelphia gets their act together and includes the service, hopefully soon, they will send the codes via cable and upgrade the firmware on the box...

I also recently got the 6412 through Adelphia, and I'm having difficulty trying to program it to control my TV. My remote doesn't have a "setup" button. Anyone know how I can do this?

wase4711 said:
yes, call them and tell them to bring you the correct remote!

I had to have Comcast return twice to bring the proper equipment, and remotes..

Stop wasting your time and take it in yourself. I can't imagine hanging around the house TWICE waiting for an inept Comcast employee to bring the right equipment.

I have an Adelphia 6412 and it works great (in fact, I have two of them). It should have a dual tuner allowing you to record two shows at once and also watch a recorded show at the same time! Mine works very well so feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

I have the 6400 receiver and when I am recording a show and I want to switch to another channel I press in the channel I want to watch and press the swap button and that allowa me to watch one channel while recording the other channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)