Anyone with HWS able to download U726?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Has anyone with a Hopper w/Sling been able to download the new U726 software?

Using 'Tools' in settings I have tried multiple times, but after going thru the motions of upgrading the software, my HWS displays the message that I already have the latest software (U725). Has U726 been deployed yet?

Also, I asked a question in another thread that was never answered: Does the new Dish software fix the black screen issue (when powering on the receiver)?

Also, I asked a question in another thread that was never answered: Does the new Dish software fix the black screen issue (when powering on the receiver)?
I don't have U276 yet either, but I haven't seen the dark screen issue for nearly a week now. I have no idea what might have changed...

I got it on 1 HWS overnight Friday, but after waiting a couple more days on the other one, did a forced download Sunday AM in tools & it successfully updated as well.

I forced it on Friday but it takes almost 2 hours. Another poster said it took him 90 minutes so be prepared.

It doesn't fix the black screen.

Thanks guys for that info!

I was hoping that the black screen issue would be fixed, and that is why I was trying to get the new software. No rush now... I guess I will just wait for the new software to download by itself.
I have a feeling a new version will be coming out soon. I'm seeing too many people posting about problems. The black screen, tuning to channel 103 or 9668 or whatever that dish channel is, plus other problems.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I forced the U726 update a few days ago as soon as I heard about it. Nothing seems to have changed and I think no one knows what "improvements" came along with this update.

I have been having problems with the local weather information on channel 213? that most times when I try to go there I end up on channel 103. If I'm persistent I can usually get the local weather to work.

What does this update fix?
This is what HipKat posted in the U547 thread:

March software release details:

On Demand experience redesign

New look

Easier to navigate and find content

Increased external hard drive support

Larger external hard drive sizes now officially allowed

All models of Hopper will allow up to 7 TB

Wally up to 4 TB

Details for customers available at my.dish.com

Thanks HipKat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts