Anything going to happen on Feb 1st.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
February 1st is 2 days away. Will Dish subscribers be getting any new HD by then.My locals are up on the uplink site but still labeled (NA).I know prices are suppossed to be going up on the 1st,just hoping that Dish will have it together to have the new HD up by then.Anyone have a clue??

My locals are up on the uplink site but still labeled (NA).
As was pointed out in one of the uplink threads, technically those reports are just the channel tables. That a channel shows up on that list only means they have a channel placeholder in the system, and doesn't mean that they have the signal actually uplinked to the sat.

What would be really interesting would be if they put up some new HD programming at 12:01 PST on the 1st of February. Or maybe at 2:01 PST.

According to Scott G, there will be no new HD programming before the super bowl. (At least that is what I understood one of his posts to mean. I may have misinterpreted.)

Fitzie

Last edited:
According to Scott G, there will be no new HD programming before the super bowl.
You had to put 2 and 2 together for that conclusion. What I remember Scott saying is that Ciel 2 won't be turned over to Dish until after the Super Bowl. This does not mean Dish couldn't add new national HD on some combination of existing satellites right away. (They have the room.)

You had to put 2 and 2 together for that conclusion. What I remember Scott saying is that Ciel 2 won't be turned over to Dish until after the Super Bowl. This does not mean Dish couldn't add new national HD on some combination of existing satellites right away. (They have the room.)

Dream On!

But if they were going to add HD to existing satellites, why wait until the weekend to do it? They have had several years!!!! Plus, they'll free up conus room when the put existing locals on spotbeam, so why not wait for those conus slots to open and put national HD on them?

True, but I'd keep an eye out Sunday night for a press release... the BIG channel addition that happened last year was on a Monday(5/12/08) The day that will live in dish infamy (+22, -15). The press release was leaked that sunday night (5/11/08).

Actually, wonder if there will be a TurboHD superbowl commercial.... hmm...

Actually, 5/12/08 was the evening of a tech forum. And so is 2/9/2009. another hmmmm.

But if they were going to add HD to existing satellites, why wait until the weekend to do it? They have had several years!!!! Plus, they'll free up conus room when the put existing locals on spotbeam, so why not wait for those conus slots to open and put national HD on them?

I'd be surprised if they added any HD before Ciel 2 is online. They had the chance to do it last fall and were expected to do so and then didn't pull the pin. I think that's when Scott came back and said the E* insiders had then said a solid plan was in place for HD. They completely lost the ability to market new HD during the Christmas ad season by putting it off so there had to be a reason for doing so. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to load up 110 with HD now and not do so last fall before the Christmas season.

Sure it would, because the HD Absolute customer would get it for free before Christmas, now they will have to pay big bucks for it.

Sure it would, because the HD Absolute customer would get it for free before Christmas, now they will have to pay big bucks for it.

As it stands, (and depending on what gets added); I've already resigned myself to the fact I'll most likely be dropping Absolute and the Starz pack for the DDA version of Silver and nuttin else.

I know SOMETHING will happen on Feb 1... either the Cardinals or the Stillers will win the Super Bowl... just doubt it will be anything specifically dish related ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts